Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Vin locations?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 11:12 AM

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Vin locations?

Where are all the vins located on our trucks? Is there any on the frame? I was looking at buying a 4x4 to swap my cab over to. And His story is wishy washy, now I dont wanna get stuck with a stole truck or one he owes on. But if there is no Vin's on the frame I could just take my parts I want and junk the rest.
Good Idea or Bad Idea?
Old 11-02-2012, 01:04 PM

It's the truck I want exactly! 5.4l, 4x4, and 3.73 gears!
Old 11-02-2012, 01:49 PM

Received 160 Likes on 148 Posts

If you don't get a clear title it's a bad idea no matter how you look at it.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Sgt Shawshank

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Call-_Me-Jordan
Where are all the vins located on our trucks? Is there any on the frame? I was looking at buying a 4x4 to swap my cab over to. And His story is wishy washy, now I dont wanna get stuck with a stole truck or one he owes on. But if there is no Vin's on the frame I could just take my parts I want and junk the rest.
Good Idea or Bad Idea?
If he has the title it won't be stolen unless he stole the title as well. What's wrong with his truck that you need to swap your cab over onto
Old 11-02-2012, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Seth
If he has the title it won't be stolen unless he stole the title as well. What's wrong with his truck that you need to swap your cab over onto
He bought it from his buddy who still owes on it, the bank never came and got it. He has been usiń it as a hunting truck. The dash is gone, he put it in his new truck. The interiour is trashed. I don't want it for and of the body parts. I want the chassis.
So for $800 I could get the whole truck, and sell the body parts. And make my money back.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by jollyroger331
If you don't get a clear title it's a bad idea no matter how you look at it.
I dont want to register the truck. I want to take the body off and put my body on it. It would still be registered as a green 99 2wd f150...
Old 11-02-2012, 03:51 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Call-_Me-Jordan
He bought it from his buddy who still owes on it, the bank never came and got it. He has been usiń it as a hunting truck. The dash is gone, he put it in his new truck. The interiour is trashed. I don't want it for and of the body parts. I want the chassis.
So for $800 I could get the whole truck, and sell the body parts. And make my money back.
What you are describing is fraud at the least and auto theft at worst. Stay far, FAR away from this truck! For you to purchase it could easily be construed as knowingly transfering stolen property. For you to sell the parts could easily be construed as fencing stolen property. Again, stay far, FAR away! (You'd do well to stay away from that kind of people, too.)
Old 11-02-2012, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Warhammer
What you are describing is fraud at the least and auto theft at worst. Stay far, FAR away from this truck! For you to purchase it could easily be construed as knowingly transfering stolen property. For you to sell the parts could easily be construed as fencing stolen property. Again, stay far, FAR away! (You'd do well to stay away from that kind of people, too.)
I don't see how it'd be theft, if he sold it to his buddy, now his buddy is selling it to me. But I can't go get it anyway. :/
Old 11-02-2012, 05:05 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Since his buddy sold it while he still owed on it then the truck belongs to the bank it is financed through, if you got caught with it you could be in deep ****
Old 11-02-2012, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bell Blue Raider
Since his buddy sold it while he still owed on it then the truck belongs to the bank it is financed through, if you got caught with it you could be in deep ****
Ok let's say its COMPLETLY free and clear I got a title with it......
Is there any vins on the frame that link it back to the black truck? Or are the all on the cab?

Quick Reply: Vin locations?