Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Valve body separator plate filter location? Quick ref.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valve body separator plate filter location? Quick ref.

I bought the factory tech separator plate for my 03 expedition with 4r70w tranny and need help finding where the very small rectangle filter goes. This filter fell out when I took off the separator plate and I believe I have it back in position correctly per the pic but am not sure. See the flat little filter in the pic toward the bottom right corner. It is on a diagonal. Make little sense to me but that is the best I can see of it. The service manual is not clear on this at all and the filter has no convenient slot machined into the valve body for it. However, this is the only spot I could imagine it going based on the general location of the arrow in the service manual. It shows it going in from a side angle and not top down so that is why I am so unsure about it.

Note - There is a filter that is like a bucket with a trapezoid top and this is NOT the one I am speaking of.
Attached Thumbnails Valve body separator plate filter location? Quick ref.-img_1516.jpg  
Old 10-05-2009, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a better pic of it with an arrow pointing to the filter I am questioning
Attached Thumbnails Valve body separator plate filter location? Quick ref.-pointer.jpg  

Quick Reply: Valve body separator plate filter location? Quick ref.