Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Stock stereo Ipod?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 02:49 PM
2001 F150 5.4 Lariat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock stereo Ipod?

I have a 2001 Lariat with the stock 6disc changer behind the seat. I am wondering if there is a way to get a input cord to my stereo so that I can play my Ipod through my speakers. I have a fm transmitter but they suck and I also dont really want to buy a new stereo, I like my stock one just fine. Thanks for the input.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:28 PM

i have an 02 lariat... i tryed... the back of the stock stereo doesnt have the jacks to make it possible...the after market is the only way to go or just use the transmitter... i have the Itrip... as long as i dont leave it in my truck to get really cold it works fine.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:44 PM
2001 F150 5.4 Lariat

Thats a bummer. Thanks
Old 02-06-2009, 05:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have ou checked with Brandmotion? They make some iPod adapters. I'm using one in my 06 Lariat. It plugs into the stock CD changer/radio and allows you to "hide" the iPod in the glove box and control it thru the radio head unit and steering wheel controls.

Not sure what they might or might not have for your year model but worth a try. Way better than a transmitter or those cigarette lighter dingalings!
Old 02-06-2009, 08:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i would love to do this. i ust want to have all the lights match. but i have a panasonic cd that has the ipod controller that i have had in the past 5 car/trucks. but it has blue lights. do you hav any more info on this "brandmotion"?
Old 02-06-2009, 09:13 PM

You can check out their website at www.brandmotion.com. A quick glance suggests they may not have anything for trucks earlier than '04 but I would certainly call and talk with them. All F150 products are on sale till end of the month.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Ask about my Zombie plan

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver Lariat
Have ou checked with Brandmotion? They make some iPod adapters. I'm using one in my 06 Lariat. It plugs into the stock CD changer/radio and allows you to "hide" the iPod in the glove box and control it thru the radio head unit and steering wheel controls.!
I would imagine it's due in part to you having an Aux plug in the rear. The 2001 isn't going to have an Aux. port/plug. That's my guess...could be wrong.

The only option I think you have with the year model truck you own is after-market. Trust me when I say this, the factory stereo isn't have as good as a decent affordable aftermarket one. I have an ipod controller and couldn't live without it now. I've seen some super nice head units for under 200 dollars that do what you want.

Good luck.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:39 AM

Actually no, I do not have an AUX plug in front or back of my radio. I have the stock single CD, cassette, AM/FM headunit and stock Sirius satellite tuner. The Brandmotion adapter plugs into the stock wiring harness between the radio and the satellite radio. When you dock the iPod it supercedes the satellite radio allowing you to control the iPod remotely using the standard radio controls and steering wheel controls. Undock the iPod and the satellite radio is back online. It also charges the iPod while in use.

They also make one for OEM units that do not have satellite radio. I'm just not sure if they make one for models before the '04.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

well, i emailed them, so we will see what they say.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Ask about my Zombie plan

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I simply think the older units aren't capable of doing the things the newer units do. This may explainf why they don't have any listings earlier then 04. The newer units are simply *smarter* units compared to the previous ones.

I will admit, the Brandmotion controller/connector is super cool. I was surprised to see that it actually charges as well. Cool deal for those wanting to keep their stock units.

I'm curious to see what they have to say...I could end up being totally wrong.

Quick Reply: Stock stereo Ipod?