Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Still overheating!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 06:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Still overheating!!!

So I had my mechanic check out my truck because it overheated the other day when I was waiting in line at the drive thru when I was at a stand still for about 10 mins, but when I start to drive again it would go back down to normal! Mechanic checked radiator and I was shocked..... it had almost no water/coolant in it so he filled it up. Still a problem though. He noticed rust stains or brown water stains on the left side of the engine and he said I needed an intake??? Not a intake manifold, intake gasket, or intake valve. I looked online at discount auto parts and napa and when I searched Intake I couldn't find anything. I found intake manifolds, intake valves, and intake gaskets but nothing saying intake alone! He also said I needed a fan clutch. Please help me out because he said if I got the part from the dealer it would be $500, but I could get a aftermarket for about $250. Does anyone know what an INTAKE is??? Help a brother out!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2009, 06:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

C'mon people. I know someone can help!
Old 10-09-2009, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm gonna vote he is talking about an intake manifold. Intake valves and gaskets are not even close to $500, even at the dealer. Intake manifolds have coolant/antifreeze run through them and it could be possible that it is cracked and the incoming air/fuel mixture is getting mixed with coolant. A blown head gasket is also a big possibility of disappearing coolant.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would also suggest a second opinion as well.

The fan clutch is a good possibility too.

Quick Reply: Still overheating!!!