Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Some truck questions! Please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 08:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Some truck questions! Please help

Ok ok, now im a jeep wrangler kid at heart, but i picked up my 1997 ford f150 about a year ago, and i really enjoy it. i just have some problems that are prob nothing, i just have not ran into it yet.

1st. the passenger front end sits maybe one inch lower then the drivers side. now please dont say leveling kit. ha ha. i installed air bags in the back and i like the way my truck looks with the rake to it. i know you can get some level outta cranking the torsion bar's. but like i said im a jeep guy. i know leaf springs. anyone know a detailed, with pictures thread of how exactly to crank torsion bar's?

2nd. now this could have to do with my first question. but the ride of this truck seems to be very rough. not sure what to look at. and suggestions of what to replace in the front end to ride better? or could the fact the passenger side sits lower is because somthing is broken?!

3rd. U-Bolts for the rear. dealership only part? i cant seem to find them anywhere. mine seem to have come a lil loose and i cant get them to tighten i feel like they are just going to break on me

Thank you guys for any help. i love these forum pages. on the jeep one i try to be the biggest help i can possibly be, and i plan on trying to do the same on this forum as well.

Quick Reply: Some truck questions! Please help