Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

SOB Seller did it to me! Dang it.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOB Seller did it to me! Dang it.

Bought a 2003 lariat a while back, and could never get air flow from the defrosters or from the floor vents. Today I pulled the electronic control unit out of the dash just to take a look and found that the vac line plug (6 vac hoses) had been unplugged from the unit and a jumper vac hose put in from the vac supply line to the dash vent line. Without the jumper and with the vac stuff plugged back into the control unit, I just get defrost. In jumpering that vac hose to other positions, I can get floor air, defrost air, and floor/defrost. So far I havn't got dash/defrost. If I can get that I'll just leave it there I guess. "Won" an ebay auction last nite for the factory service manuals, maybe I can get some info there when I get it. When I select different modes, the lights on the control unit display correctly, so dunno what's going on. Any ideas? Tracka96
Old 11-12-2010, 06:37 PM

there should be a vacuum line under the hood on the passenger side, it broke on mine and did the same thing all i had was defrost.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:19 PM

I'm getting good vacuum, when I route the vac to different colored lines, they function correctly. tracka96 (And yes, if I don't connect it to anything, I just get defrost)

Quick Reply: SOB Seller did it to me! Dang it.