Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Slow turn over and no start

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 10:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Slow turn over and no start

So my truck decided out of all the days to give me trouble. Took my kids to school, stopped for some good breakfast in the morning too and it was perfectly fine. Walked in with the kids, dropped them off at their class and I come out, jump in the truck and turn the key and a very slow slow turn over to a stop without a start at all. No ticking or anything, just a very slow turn over. Second try, same thing. Third, same thing but this time it actually fires.. so I was able to get home. Now what? I thought to myself. Great another thing that is out of my plans.

I'm thinking my started might be at its last leg, however since I've also got a exhaust manifold leak at the front that I yet to take care of but haven't since there is always something new I gotta replace before getting to it;

is it the starter you guys?? possible... I haven't changed it and it looks quite old too; rusty and what not being in the North East weather. Just hoping it isn't something more major. Runs fine after it starts.... battery is also .

Will the new one have an issue with heat escaping from the exhaust manifold and kill also...

Quick Reply: Slow turn over and no start