Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

slow moving power window on 2000 lariat

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face slow moving power window on 2000 lariat

hi,

i just replaced the lock actuator in my driver side door and am now finding that the window is moving slow. it has never had this problem previously so i know the motor is fine. The video that i was watching on how to change the lock actuator said be carful not to pop window guide out of the clip and I'm pretty sure that is what happened.

does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this??

Thanks
Old 12-01-2016, 07:53 PM

Received 1,354 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Originally Posted by selly91
hi,

i just replaced the lock actuator in my driver side door and am now finding that the window is moving slow. it has never had this problem previously so i know the motor is fine. The video that i was watching on how to change the lock actuator said be carful not to pop window guide out of the clip and I'm pretty sure that is what happened.

does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this??

Thanks
Open it back up and see what's not in place.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:21 AM

@jprevat i did go back in and see what was not in place and nothing seems out of place. i check the window guides and made sure nothing was in the way
Old 12-02-2016, 01:23 AM

I also changed mine today and also have a slow moving window I'm pretty sure when I was trying to get it out and back in I bent the guide rail a little, but going to wait for light before I take another look
Old 12-02-2016, 04:12 AM

Received 5,553 Likes on 4,630 Posts

Yea I gave up on mine temporarily and carry a can of WD 40 in the door pocket. Tried everything but replacing the guides. I hear that's what wears out or wears through, some kind of lining I expect. Anyway yea, I haven't inspected the guides thoroughly yet, don't recall looking at those at all so it's just hear say at this point. PITA working inside the damn door.

Also Ford/Oasis has TSB's on this, two to be exact. One has to do with the outside of the door shell cracking and the other with reinforcing the frame work. But none mention liner or coating wear on the guides.

Last edited by Jbrew; 12-02-2016 at 04:27 AM.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Southernhunter9
I also changed mine today and also have a slow moving window I'm pretty sure when I was trying to get it out and back in I bent the guide rail a little, but going to wait for light before I take another look
Could be, but it also could be fatigue. These windows close so tight they flex the top of the door. That why they crack on the outside, -

And bend on the inside. Once bent the window channel wears through that lining or coating. It doesn't take much of a bend to jam theses things up. Anyway, that's as far as I got.
The following users liked this post:
cherrytrees (12-03-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 08:12 AM

Received 1,354 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbrew
Could be, but it also could be fatigue. These windows close so tight they flex the top of the door. That why they crack on the outside, -

And bend on the inside. Once bent the window channel wears through that lining or coating. It doesn't take much of a bend to jam theses things up. Anyway, that's as far as I got.
This is very possible. My black truck cracked like this too. Didn't they revise it around 02?
Old 12-02-2016, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by jprevat
This is very possible. My black truck cracked like this too. Didn't they revise it around 02?
I'm not sure.

If you watch the door when the window closes it bows the door. So yea, - somethings bound to happen or come of it. I've tried everything but looked at the tracks/guides to fix the slow stuck problem so...pretty sure somethings wore through causing the jam with those parts.
Old 12-02-2016, 01:56 PM

I'm not sure.

If you watch the door when the window closes it bows the door. So yea, - somethings bound to happen or come of it. I've tried everything but looked at the tracks/guides to fix the slow stuck problem so...pretty sure somethings wore through causing the jam with those parts.
Mine does bow I was actually really shocked by how much, the window worked fine before I went in to change the lock so I'm pretty sure it's got a bend
Old 12-02-2016, 01:57 PM

Yea I gave up on mine temporarily and carry a can of WD 40 in the door pocket. Tried everything but replacing the guides. I hear that's what wears out or wears through, some kind of lining I expect. Anyway yea, I haven't inspected the guides thoroughly yet, don't recall looking at those at all so it's just hear say at this point. PITA working inside the damn door.

Also Ford/Oasis has TSB's on this, two to be exact. One has to do with the outside of the door shell cracking and the other with reinforcing the frame work. But none mention liner or coating wear on the guides.
Does the WD- 40 help I might just try that if the track is fine.