Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 1997 - 2003 Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2014, 07:24 PM   #24241
Big Red
 
Adams21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Williamsport, MD
Posts: 422
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningSCrew View Post
I'd be tempted to leave one on if it had a safari rack on it. I've contemplated getting a soft cover to have some more dry storage, if I found a super cheap topper that matched I wouldn't mind having it if it had a rack. Brandon Wolf in the 97-03 Facebook group's Heritage looks really good with one
I would want the rack mounted on top of the cab not my cap...like this one
Attached Images
 
__________________
I'm not a hunter, I'm a natural born deer killer
Adams21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:32 PM   #24242
Big Red
 
Adams21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Williamsport, MD
Posts: 422
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfldfordman View Post
I do NOT miss my cap hahaha
Man I had two chainsaws, pole saw, weed eater, blower for a job I was doing but had two buckets of corn for my bait pile and had no prblm claiming arnd to get the stuff...my tonneau cover I would have been yelling every name in the book cuz the are worthless...I love my lid. It fits ever curve of my truck...now I think a leer would have looked like crap
__________________
I'm not a hunter, I'm a natural born deer killer
Adams21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:33 PM   #24243
Resident light whore
 
BrowningSCrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,354
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Thanked 575 Times in 497 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adams21 View Post

I would want the rack mounted on top of the cab not my cap...like this one
I think it kinda looks off with it on the cab with a cap. I saw a Chevy SEMA truck with one on both and that looks good
__________________
See here for the full LED bulb guide!!http://www.f150forum.com/f6/97-03-le...-guide-174498/
My SCrew's build thread, check it out http://www.f150forum.com/f78/slowly-...ogress-141914/
BrowningSCrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:42 PM   #24244
TRINITY SOUTH
 
nfldfordman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Harbour, NFLD
Posts: 33,434
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 280 Times in 271 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adams21 View Post
Man I had two chainsaws, pole saw, weed eater, blower for a job I was doing but had two buckets of corn for my bait pile and had no prblm claiming arnd to get the stuff...my tonneau cover I would have been yelling every name in the book cuz the are worthless...I love my lid. It fits ever curve of my truck...now I think a leer would have looked like crap
yours looks good. some trucks can puul them off, some can't. and some individual caps of course look better than others. they look way better on straightside trucks than flaresides.

I've had both. the tonneau that I got her with was useless (was not fun to haul wood in) and never looked good at all. I did love the fact that it hid everything in the bed completely out of view of everybody especially those with uniforms.

the cap I had for a while didn't look any better but offered a little more room. was good for hauling a lot of loose items etc.

still, now I have a bare box and couldn't be happier. though, I kinda want a cap for the '04. haha.
__________________
-RED and BLACK 1999 scab flareside. romeo 4.6, 4R70W H9, not stock, 103K miles

04 XL SCAB 4.6, 90K
build thread:http://www.f150forum.com/f78/motorin...thread-257080/
nfldfordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:52 PM   #24245
Big Red
 
Adams21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Williamsport, MD
Posts: 422
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfldfordman View Post
yours looks good. some trucks can puul them off, some can't. and some individual caps of course look better than others. they look way better on straightside trucks than flaresides. I've had both. the tonneau that I got her with was useless (was not fun to haul wood in) and never looked good at all. I did love the fact that it hid everything in the bed completely out of view of everybody especially those with uniforms. the cap I had for a while didn't look any better but offered a little more room. was good for hauling a lot of loose items etc. still, now I have a bare box and couldn't be happier. though, I kinda want a cap for the '04. haha.
I definitely agree with you about the tonneau cover and it hiding everything...I am blacking out my lid windows with 5% tint as soon as I start back teaching in a few weeks and get real pay checks. Gotta get my wife's Denali tinted in the front too
__________________
I'm not a hunter, I'm a natural born deer killer
Adams21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:57 PM   #24246
TRINITY SOUTH
 
nfldfordman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Harbour, NFLD
Posts: 33,434
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 280 Times in 271 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adams21 View Post
I definitely agree with you about the tonneau cover and it hiding everything...I am blacking out my lid windows with 5% tint as soon as I start back teaching in a few weeks and get real pay checks. Gotta get my wife's Denali tinted in the front too
yes it was very nice but I can do without it most times. can wrap up what I don't want the authorities or nosy people seeing. I just hated the look of the cap on my particular truck.

the tint will look good I bet too, it sure is nice at times
__________________
-RED and BLACK 1999 scab flareside. romeo 4.6, 4R70W H9, not stock, 103K miles

04 XL SCAB 4.6, 90K
build thread:http://www.f150forum.com/f78/motorin...thread-257080/
nfldfordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:19 PM   #24247
Senior Member
 
02_Black_On_White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 336
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

I finally got around to buying a rubber bed mat to go over my Bedliner, should have done it sooner!!! My dog box was starting to scuff it up
02_Black_On_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:44 PM   #24248
Senior Member
 
02_Black_On_White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 336
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

She was looking good at work today
Attached Thumbnails
Show'em Off!!! Post up 97-03 trucks!-image-1760009686.jpg  
02_Black_On_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:45 PM   #24249
TRINITY SOUTH
 
nfldfordman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Harbour, NFLD
Posts: 33,434
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 280 Times in 271 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02_Black_On_White View Post
She was looking good at work today
she looks good everywhere every day
__________________
-RED and BLACK 1999 scab flareside. romeo 4.6, 4R70W H9, not stock, 103K miles

04 XL SCAB 4.6, 90K
build thread:http://www.f150forum.com/f78/motorin...thread-257080/
nfldfordman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nfldfordman For This Useful Post:
02_Black_On_White (08-05-2014)
Old 08-05-2014, 10:46 PM   #24250
Senior Member
 
mattmark6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 2,457
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 34 Times in 32 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adams21 View Post
Man I had two chainsaws, pole saw, weed eater, blower for a job I was doing but had two buckets of corn for my bait pile and had no prblm claiming arnd to get the stuff...my tonneau cover I would have been yelling every name in the book cuz the are worthless...I love my lid. It fits ever curve of my truck...now I think a leer would have looked like crap
Unless you get a tri-fold tonneau cover.. Problem solved. Personally I don't like the caps, but thats just me.
__________________
2000 F-150 5.4L XLT 4x4 Off Road
mattmark6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:46 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post Pictures of the trucks you go out with muddin'! Fast_V8 Off-Road Section 18 07-17-2014 01:16 PM
Show'em off. Dents and scratches are badges of honor OGTerror Off-Road Section 123 06-27-2014 02:38 PM
Are there any other lowered trucks on here? Post some pics !! Godfather General F150 Discussion 16 07-04-2013 06:24 PM
Post them up photos of your past trucks 02flaresidesport Off-Topic 65 03-04-2013 06:00 PM
Guys with silver trucks post pics!! one5oh2nv 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 26 08-23-2010 03:17 PM


Tags
awesome, pics

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:22 AM.


Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.