Show'em Off!!! Post up 97-03 trucks! - Page 1905 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans



Show'em Off!!! Post up 97-03 trucks!

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2013, 09:59 PM   #19041
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
jferg92's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,678
Thanked 170 Times in 161 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06malibu View Post

I will prob have some lol Whats the basic run down on doing them?
Don't remove the entire leaf pack from the truck.
Remove the u bolts
Cut the head/nut of the old center pin
Bend back then alignment clamps out of the way
This lets the axle drop from the pack (with the frame resting on stands) the top leaf stays attached to the shackles. The aal goes in third from the top. Installation is reverse order and make sure to have a buddy help
jferg92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #19042
Troll Patrol
 
06malibu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 8,101
Thanked 60 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jferg92 View Post
Don't remove the entire leaf pack from the truck.
Remove the u bolts
Cut the head/nut of the old center pin
Bend back then alignment clamps out of the way
This lets the axle drop from the pack (with the frame resting on stands) the top leaf stays attached to the shackles. The aal goes in third from the top. Installation is reverse order and make sure to have a buddy help
alrighty sweet thanks. Im hoping when I do this I get a few more inches and fix my side to side lean(right sags more than the left) Then im gonna crack my tbars to level it hopefully
06malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #19043
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
jferg92's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,678
Thanked 170 Times in 161 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06malibu View Post

alrighty sweet thanks. Im hoping when I do this I get a few more inches and fix my side to side lean(right sags more than the left) Then im gonna crack my tbars to level it hopefully
Good luck with the leveling. I maxed mine and they're still only at 23.75. But I'm still happy with factory style rake now
jferg92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #19044
Troll Patrol
 
06malibu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 8,101
Thanked 60 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jferg92 View Post
Good luck with the leveling. I maxed mine and they're still only at 23.75. But I'm still happy with factory style rake now
Mine has a slight "cali" lean like 1.5in difference and Ive still got 4ish threads left on the bars to crank
06malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:59 PM   #19045
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
jferg92's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,678
Thanked 170 Times in 161 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06malibu View Post

Mine has a slight "cali" lean like 1.5in difference and Ive still got 4ish threads left on the bars to crank
You're in better shape than me than
jferg92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:48 AM   #19046
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
99Longhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Barrie, On
Posts: 3,786
Thanked 67 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06malibu View Post
Looks good bud. Makin me want an aal
Aal?
99Longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:48 AM   #19047
Resident light whore
5 Year Member
 
BrowningSCrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 31,745
Thanked 698 Times in 594 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Longhorn View Post

Aal?
Add a leaf
BrowningSCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:50 AM   #19048
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
99Longhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Barrie, On
Posts: 3,786
Thanked 67 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningSCrew View Post

Add a leaf
Makes sense. Already got an extra one!
99Longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:21 AM   #19049
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
jferg92's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,678
Thanked 170 Times in 161 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jferg92 View Post
What cheap exterior mods do you guys think? Debating on doing the wheels on anthracite plastidip and glossing them
jferg92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:35 AM   #19050
Member
 
BaltV2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Laredo TX
Posts: 50
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default level or lift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasracing15 View Post
Attachment 118660
20x10 Fuel Throttle rims and 35x12.50x20 Toyo Open Country M/Ts
hey man what kinda lift or level do u have on that truck? Looks Sick
BaltV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with Manual shift mode and +/- shifter buttons ALScott 2015 - Present Ford F150 28 11-25-2015 02:06 PM
ewb needs 911 help doctruptwn Maintenance Shop 4 09-08-2015 11:29 AM


Tags
awesome, pics

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:48 AM.


Copyright 2006 - 2016 F150Forum.com