Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Shock value

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Shock value

I know everyone has their favorite brand when considering shocks,, Rancho, Edelbrock, Monroe..etc... but just wanted to get some feedback from those who have actually purchased, installed, and road tested.
I have a stock 98 F-150, and have been researching a seemingly endless variety of shocks for the past month or so, and have narrowed down my list of choices quite a bit. I dont do alot of off-roading, outside of an occasional fishing/camping trip 3-4 times a year, so the extreme off-road shocks are already off the list.
Mainly highway, but still want some performance applications, so Ive been looking at the Rancho RSX, that claims they fit stock/no-lift.
I just want a nice smooth ride, that can handle some off-road at times.
Anyone have an opinion, or another shock suggestion, please let me know.
Oh, BTW,,, I found the Rancho RSX on-line, for $223.00 for all four, no shipping or tax.
Seems to be the best deal.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:07 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

BDS shocks. They have a lifetime manufacturer warranty. They ride nice and are good offroad.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by NGM
BDS shocks. They have a lifetime manufacturer warranty. They ride nice and are good offroad.
Thanks for the tip NGM, do you have a link for these? I searched for them, but only found Jeep applications for some reason, and were the boots included, or additional, Thanks.

Last edited by typhus; 01-21-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:26 AM
that's gonna leave a mark

Trailmaster has a nice line as well, not guaranteed forever however. It all boils down to personal preference. I personally do not like the way Ranchos work as they are too harsh for me. Koni makes some awesome shocks but they are pretty pricey.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:02 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by typhus
Thanks for the tip NGM, do you have a link for these? I searched for them, but only found Jeep applications for some reason, and were the boots included, or additional, Thanks.
Have to find a BDS dealer. They are not supposed to sell them on the Interweb.. Contact BDS themself for a dealer near you. We installed their lift kits at the 4x4 sop I worked at and the kits were AWSOME. The warranty their kits for life too no matter what. The shocks are warrantied as long as there is no external damage on them.
Originally Posted by WesternPaStepside
Trailmaster has a nice line as well, not guaranteed forever however. It all boils down to personal preference. I personally do not like the way Ranchos work as they are too harsh for me. Koni makes some awesome shocks but they are pretty pricey.
I agree with you on the Rancho shocks. They are rough. I am not a fan of Koni. They dont hold up IMO.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:04 PM

I did find this link NGM....

http://www.bds-suspension.com/produc...hocks_5500.php

Its between BDS and Pro Comp now.

Quick Reply: Shock value