Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Serpentine belt pulley

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Serpentine belt pulley

I need to know if anyone has a diagram that shows what pulleys are what for a 1998 4x4 4.2 6cyl. The lower pully is leaking oil and i need to know what pully that is for and how hard it is to repair this prob? dont understand lower units of motors and dont know what it is. Might be the Crank shaft? i am hoping there is a seal that i can get to that does not require pulling the motor up. any suggestions will help. losings about a quart every 50-60 miles. so any help will be appreciated
Old 12-08-2009, 05:34 PM
FLARESIDE MAN !!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dirtbkr3
I need to know if anyone has a diagram that shows what pulleys are what for a 1998 4x4 4.2 6cyl. The lower pully is leaking oil and i need to know what pully that is for and how hard it is to repair this prob? dont understand lower units of motors and dont know what it is. Might be the Crank shaft? i am hoping there is a seal that i can get to that does not require pulling the motor up. any suggestions will help. losings about a quart every 50-60 miles. so any help will be appreciated
Maybe taking it to someone with some automotive repair experience would be your best idea....
Old 12-08-2009, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil

i have done plenty of repairs on the truck myself already. not like i am automotive illiterate. i just do not have time to get it to a shop for another week so so i would like to know if it could be worse if i kept driving it. only to school and back. i put an oil sealer in it and keep the oil up but could it be damaging for a week

Quick Reply: Serpentine belt pulley