Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Sct x4 question

Old 09-18-2015, 01:48 AM

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Sct x4 question

So I just purchased an sct x4 and I am waiting on my custom tunes. In the mean time I have adjusted for the change in final drive ratio and adjusted shift firmness.

I have also selected to turn the rear O2 sensors off due to having gutted cats and throwing codes. I have done the gotts O2 mod as well and I am still throwing a p0158. Does anyone know why I'm still throwing codes for rear o2's when they should be turned off?
Old 09-18-2015, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sort of related - but are you actually able to connect your SCT device to the update software and have it actually communicate to their servers? I have had mine for two weeks and I cant get it to connect. Multiple calls into their tech support but a tracert shows a jump that is down in FL somewhere. I had someone I know try pinging the same IP in CO and it didn't work for him either.
Old 09-18-2015, 09:53 PM

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Sct x4 question

Originally Posted by Sabatour
Sort of related - but are you actually able to connect your SCT device to the update software and have it actually communicate to their servers? I have had mine for two weeks and I cant get it to connect. Multiple calls into their tech support but a tracert shows a jump that is down in FL somewhere. I had someone I know try pinging the same IP in CO and it didn't work for him either.
At first, no. I had to call sct tech line and the guy actually used team viewer to "force install" the drivers to get them to connect.

Have the updater software installed on your computer and give them a call. They will basically take control of your computer while you sit there and watch. They will download a file with the drivers and go to device manager and update the driver via the file instead of using the search the internet feature. He will then test to make sure your device connects. Took less than 10 minutes.

Good luck!
Old 09-19-2015, 03:39 AM

Received 434 Likes on 419 Posts

I dont have a X4. But I do have a Livewire and when I turn them on i get a instant check engine light.. But I have issues of concern. I think I may have a PCM that is about to crap out. I have 02 codes for the front sensors but no check engine light.. An I know the bulb is good..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sct x4 question