Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

remote start help

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 01:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default remote start help

So I have a remote start in my truck on the remote it says prestige elvatoc aps2k4sbcf, not sure if that's the actual system in it but when doing a heater core earlier this year a write for the tach got ripped out and I can not find where it goes on the actual system... the wire goes from above the pedals where all the computers and such(the broken wire end) then is spliced to a wire going to the coil pack. With out this wire it will attempt to start the truck but still then shut it off right away. Anyone know where it goes or have a wire diagram for somthing like that? Can't find any right diagrams anywhere
Old 10-30-2014, 03:58 PM
RDNK150

Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts

There should be a black box somewhere under the dash "the brain" and a lot of wires coming out of it if you don't see the other end then it may be around the ignition switch. It should be looped I'm in a tree stand now but I will show you with pictures later tonight
Old 10-30-2014, 04:09 PM

Ya iv looked at every wire on every little box under there and there is no open spots for a wire in the plug and I see no broken wire within the distance of the wire I have that's why I was trying to find a diagram
Old 10-31-2014, 09:19 AM
RDNK150

Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by yamaha894racer
Ya iv looked at every wire on every little box under there and there is no open spots for a wire in the plug and I see no broken wire within the distance of the wire I have that's why I was trying to find a diagram
Attatch a picture of the broken wire does it have a loop on it? I was wiped last night sorry I can do it right now though
Old 10-31-2014, 11:26 PM

It's the tach signal wire. Hook it up to the uncommon wire on ur coil packs. Say each coil pack has a red, and a black wire but the third wire on all packs is different. That's the tach wire u want to use. U can also program tach out and have it run on crank averaging. Turn ignition on, press and hold button on remote start antenna until the lights flash 3 times. Press the button on the antenna until the lights flash 6 times. Then if it's just a remote starter press the single button until the lights flash 4 times. Then press the brake once then again until the light on the antenna blinks twice. At least that's how it is for code alarm. Which is the same thing. Look under ur dash for the prestige model number and Google the install guide.

Quick Reply: remote start help