Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Quick questions about leveling - Springs or spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 01:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick questions about leveling - Springs or spacers?

Hey guys, looking to level my truck (Finally, been talking about it for a while), but as I was looking for the kit I want, I found something else that caught my eye.

I was going to go with a Daystar 2.5" spacer kit, until I saw that with the 2.5" kit you need new control arms. I had asked around a few weeks ago and someone linked me to a website (Can't find it now, I'll search it) that sold this Daystar kit for about $120.. but it didn't say anything about control arms. Tonight, I found THIS one on eBay which says it requires new control arms. I'm all confused again.

So when I was on eBay, I ran into another sale that was just for springs. I have heard of people replacing the stock coil spring with something a few inches bigger, but is that the same as a suspension lift really? Or does THIS kit require a whole bunch of junk to go with it (Thus making it expensive)?

I thought I had everything figured out until I saw that the Daystar spacers require additional (Expensive) parts.. is there a limit to how high I can go without buying a bunch of aftermarket parts?
Old 11-18-2009, 05:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was just looking into all this today. I saw that a few kits said it requires after market control arms. I have a 02 Ford F150 2wd. Let me know if you find anything esle out please.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:06 PM

mmm... ok.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:33 AM

hey Wat package truck you got i have and 03 screw 2wd did a 1and half kit and it made the stance look real nice i think 2an half would make the front higher in the back
Old 11-20-2009, 08:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

meety peety, is you're truck 2wd? I was looking at autozone for some parts and came across a 1 inch spring booster (19.99) for the front and a 1 inch u-bolt lowering blocks for the rear (29.99). Maybe this might work for you? I was thinking about doing this to my truck, does anyone know how this would look?
Old 11-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Dirty South's Finest

or yall might wanna check out ebay for 2wd lifts they have spindle lifts the will lift the front 3.5 inch or 5 inch they are not that expensive yall might wanna check into those
Old 11-21-2009, 03:15 PM

Yes sorry my truck is 2wd, its a 2003 Super Cab (2 regular and 2 suicide doors).

I did look on eBay, right now all I want to know are what my options are without having to buy new control arms. It seems like every kit I've come across says that I need them, but I'm not sure I would.

Also, the option of lowering the back isn't happening, it will cause rubbing. If anything changes in the back, its going to be a 1" lift matched with a 3.5" in front, instead of just a 2.5" in front.

Quick Reply: Quick questions about leveling - Springs or spacers?