Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

question about my lift and possibly adding some other mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 05:04 PM
^ drinks KC Tea

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default question about my lift and possibly adding some other mods

k so i have the torsion bars cranked all the way and a 4 inch block in the rear. it came with a 2 inch block b4 and the truck is almost completely level. so i was wondering how big a lift anyone would say i have. i didnt measure the wheel wells b4 and after obviously. also i wanna put a body lift on it. im not changin my mind about that cuz right now i am poor lol and i want the lift. i am making the lift so i was wondering if i should do a 3 or 4 inch body lift? and i was thinking of maybe angleing a piece of that diamond plate stuff from the bottom of the frame rails to the bottom of the body too. does any1 think thatd look cool? and tint. i was thinkin like 20 all the way around or 20 in front and 5 in the back 3 windows. and maybe put two of those big rig horns mounted on the roof one on each side? and neon? maybe some blue? new leds behind speedo? 2 inch wheel spacerc? lemme know what ya'll think about these ideas. good or bad. and maybe gimme some other tips for other cosmetics that ya'll think are cool. post pics if ya got some and sorry for so many questions lol i just want as badass a lookin truck as i can

Last edited by Mike; 03-27-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the tint sounds good, everything else sounds terrible, save your money and do the lift right with a suspension, put neons on a tuner, not a truck. the horns sound really tacky, maybe if it was a sponsor vehicle for like redbull or something. wheel spacer belong on cholo lowriders with wire wheels not trucks. just my 2 cents
Old 03-27-2009, 06:58 PM

Received 105 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by mrpomerleau
k so i have the torsion bars cranked all the way and a 4 inch block in the rear. It came with a 2 inch block b4 and the truck is almost completely level. So i was wondering how big a lift anyone would say i have. I didnt measure the wheel wells b4 and after obviously. Also i wanna put a body lift on it. Im not changin my mind about that cuz right now i am poor lol and i want the lift. I am making the lift so i was wondering if i should do a 3 or 4 inch body lift? And i was thinking of maybe angleing a piece of that diamond plate stuff from the bottom of the frame rails to the bottom of the body too. Does any1 think thatd look cool? And tint. I was thinkin like 20 all the way around or 20 in front and 5 in the back 3 windows. And maybe put two of those big rig horns mounted on the roof one on each side? And neon? Maybe some blue? New leds behind speedo? 2 inch wheel spacerc? Lemme know what ya'll think about these ideas. Good or bad. And maybe gimme some other tips for other cosmetics that ya'll think are cool. Post pics if ya got some and sorry for so many questions lol i just want as badass a lookin truck as i can
if u go any bigger then 3 in. Body lift the body shifts and creeks. And as for the size of your lift u usually go bye the front because u lift the front higher then the back to level the factory rake. As for every thing else do what ever you want and if u dont like it change it back.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Ask about my Zombie plan

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When you say *horns* are you meaning air horns or bull horns. Boss Hawg style!

If you mean airhorns, which I think you do. I have them on my truck. They're out of sight though. I mounted them under the bed. They may be outta sight, but you can hear them!!! I'm not feeling the horns on the roof. I do think the body lift is a good thing. I wouldn't go over 3" though.

As far as the wheel spacers go. Are you using them to get the wheels out from under the fender wells? If so, they're ok.

All in all, it's your truck. If you want horns on the roof, make like a Nike and just do it!
Old 03-27-2009, 08:09 PM
^ drinks KC Tea

Originally Posted by Darth Bama
When you say *horns* are you meaning air horns or bull horns. Boss Hawg style!

If you mean airhorns, which I think you do. I have them on my truck. They're out of sight though. I mounted them under the bed. They may be outta sight, but you can hear them!!! I'm not feeling the horns on the roof. I do think the body lift is a good thing. I wouldn't go over 3" though.

As far as the wheel spacers go. Are you using them to get the wheels out from under the fender wells? If so, they're ok.

All in all, it's your truck. If you want horns on the roof, make like a Nike and just do it!

yeah i was thinkin about those airhorns! i want it loud as hell cuz my horn right now is a panzy horn lol idk y but it is. got some pics of the horns?? and yeah i think the wheel spacers #1 make it look better in my opinion but also would keep my tires from rubbin lol. but with the lift i think ill stick with the 3 inch now thanks

any other opinions out there on this or some other stuff??

Last edited by Mike; 03-27-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:30 PM

I'd say yank out the extra block and go back to the 2" factory block in the rear, and let your torsion bars back down till the truck sits level. Then buy yourself a 3" body lift from a reputable source, like performance accessories. You'll still clear your 35's just fine, and your truck will be much more reliable, safer and ride better than maxed out torsions and a home made body lift. Air horns yeah, but not on the roof. BOOOOO on the wheel spacers, they're just as bad as your cranked out torsions. And limo tint the whole truck (well, not the windshield obviously) you'll be glad you did!!
Old 03-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Ask about my Zombie plan

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You know, you should go bigtime. You need a train horn! Dude, I want one bad!!! I just don't have the space to be honest.

http://www.hornblasters.com
Old 03-28-2009, 12:31 AM
^ drinks KC Tea

dude where the hell could i get one and for how much?? lol i want one too! it would scare the **** out of any1 on the road haha.

and chad085 i kinda want to have a 6 inch lift so thats y i wanna get the body lift and keep the suspension lift. but y do u think spacers are so bad? i have a buddy with spacers on his cherokee sport thats lifted about a foot and a half and on his cherokee thats got a little lift.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:27 PM

i agree that the spacers are a bad idea unless you get the expensive ones that cost as much as a set of wheels but as far as the body lift i have a 3 " and my torsion bars cranked and i havent had any problems ive put about 35k miles on the truck since i did all of it so go for it just be sure and get a performance accesories body lift they make a good lift with all the right stuff in it

Quick Reply: question about my lift and possibly adding some other mods