Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Power Windows, Power Door locks and Keyless entry problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 03:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Windows, Power Door locks and Keyless entry problems

This is a 3 part question and thanks in advance for any help or advice. I have a 2000 F150 XLT and today my driver side window decided to stop working. I press the down button and I hear a click and that is all. From what I read it is either the motor or the regulator, my first question is what does that sounds like? Is there anyway to find out for sure if it is the motor or the regulator?

Second and 3rd part
My power door locks have been going out for a few years now... (I press unlock and the driver side unlocks and the passenger side maybe tries and fails, if I press it a second time it does nothing and a 3rd time makes the driver side stop working. It seems like it has no power left in it. What could be the cause of this problem? And on top of that, I just read that I can activate my own keyless entry? I bought the truck new in 2000 and told the dealer I didnt want to pay extra for the keyless entry, but I know it is equipped with it because he had to deactivate it i guess. If I fix my power doorlocks can I activate my keyless entry for a minimal price?

Thanks again for the help, hope that was clear enough...
Old 05-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Born to a Ford Family

As far as the window goes, you can check a few things.

Check that voltage is actually getting to the motor. If the voltage gets there, then your switch is ok. There is also a circuit breaker on the motor. If this is tripped, then you have a motor or regulator issue. To sort that out, detach the glass from the regulator, move the glass to see if it binds. Then move the regulator to ensure it doesn't bind. If both of these check out, then you need a motor.

As far as programing the remotes: Check this link:

http://www.fordf150.net/howto/reprogramremotes.php

There is a module on trucks that have the Anti Theft Option called the RAP module. My guess is that is causing your issue as described.

Good luck
Old 05-28-2011, 02:35 PM

How do you replace a power window motor? The door panel is off but cant figure out how to get to the motor

Quick Reply: Power Windows, Power Door locks and Keyless entry problems