Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Power window relay/fuse

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Power window relay/fuse

so yesterday I was driving with the windows down. Got home put the truck in park and went to roll the windows up. Nothing happens. Neither driver or passenger will roll up.

No previous signs of the motor/s going bad. Worked fine all morning.

I checked the big 30 fuse in the engine compartment. It was not blown.

I got a relay from the parts store since that is my next guess. Where is the relay located for the power windows?

This is on a 97 F150 XLT 4x4 extended cab.

All I found in the owners manual was the big fuse but nothing else where to find the relay or other fuses.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction to get this fixed quick.

I took the door panel off thinking there might a fuse or relay but not that I could find.

Besides the Big 30 fuse, is are there relays or something that would make both not function?

Thanks,
Andy
Old 06-07-2010, 02:12 PM

where is the window relay on a 1997 ford f150
Old 06-07-2010, 03:12 PM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

In the engine bay.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:44 PM

I have the opposite problem. My drivers side window will not operate with the switch manually. It does go down on its own though. My mechanic told me it was a module that can only be obtained thru a dealer.
Has anyone had this module replaced or can a whole switch assy. do the trick?
Old 07-30-2010, 07:27 PM

i have the same problem as tazmaniac... please help!
Old 07-30-2010, 08:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No real man would ever drive a truck with power windows or automatic transmission, that's for women.

OK, so I am just kidding. OK so my truck has manual windows and a 5 speed, but I was kidding, right?
When I have automatic windows problems with my other vehicles I take them to the top oldest family owned auto glass place in my area (85 years in business).
They do so much window work they are actually very reasonable and know what to look for. I ordered a regulator on line for wholesale price, took it to them, and they installed it while I waited for $65.00. Of course since they probably do it about 200 times a day it only took them 10 minutes. I didn't even have time to finish my candy bar from the snack machine. The dealer sends their stuff to those people any way. The dealer wanted 300.00 and it only cost me 120.00 total. It would have taken me probably three hours so I am happy.
Think about it.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Power window problem

My '97 F-150 has a similar issue...the passenger side window won't work. I'm going to check the driver's side door switch connections first. If that doesn't do it, I'll tear into the passenger side door.

arkiejim1
Old 08-05-2010, 02:53 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

the only way my drivers side roles down is to turn the key back to acc. I have to push up until I hear something start humming, then press down. I have to roll it all the way back up and start over to roll it down anymore.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by arkiejim1
My '97 F-150 has a similar issue...the passenger side window won't work. I'm going to check the driver's side door switch connections first. If that doesn't do it, I'll tear into the passenger side door.

arkiejim1
I have the exact same issue on the same truck.

Drivers side works great. Pass side nothing.
I have the panel off now. Looks daunting.

Everything is rivited and you cant see anything. There is an access hole toward the back and pulling the speaker allows for another one but
you cant see it all.

uughh....

is there a write up on this anywhere??
Old 01-30-2012, 05:41 PM

Default Help with driveer window???????

Just out here looking for some help came across this old thread figured it was worth a try?
Driver window started working only when it wanted to. So I ordered a switch and put it in. It worked like it suppose to for a few weeks then stopped all together/ now nothing but a little clicking sound when the swich is pressed.(Guess i should have left it alone,it did work sometimes-Lol)
Anyway, someone mentioned checking relays, but wouldn't that envolve both of the windows stop working? Or should i go ahead and check relays or does it sound like a motor problem?
Also on another note>>> The door lock actuator on pass side stopped working so i replaced it and it was fixed but now it stopped again (thinking it has come lose due to the fact that i could not get my hand in the small door panel cut-out enough to make sure i had it on good>>think it came lose for sure)>>Does anyone have any step by step innstructions on how to properly do this install???
Any help with either one of these questions will be greatly appreciated!!!!
Thanks so much!!!!

Quick Reply: Power window relay/fuse