Power Window Problem Drivers Door
I have had a problem for the last month on my 1997 F250 king cab 4x4 Lariat, I can be driving along and the drivers window goes down all by itself and I have always been able to just put back up and carry on, but two days ago it did its routine down two three times and I just kept putting it back up and after the 4th time back up it now won't go down. I have tested and done the following:
1. Test switch function all good
2. Test relay all good
3. Check the 4 wires on the button that go to the gem, checked each with an ohm meter all good
4. Had Gem out and no signs of water at all actually just a little bit of dust
5. took truck to dealer so they could test gem (when i was there it worked fine (murphys law) on the way to dealer window went down 25 times in 35 KM
6. dealer checked wires in door and into harness all good no signs of any damage
7.disconnected grey wire which activates the all the way down relay via the gem just to see if this was the culprit wire. no luck
8. drove truck 1/2 way home without the pushbuttons hooked into door-- no window down problem but could here the gem clicking ? When it was clicking pulled over to plug in push buttons and sure enough down the drivers window went ?
9. Put the window up after 5-6 times down and now it won't go down again ?
I am so frustrated with this !! The ford dealer said the next step would be to go through a 30-40 point test and would be min of 4-5 hours at 90+ an hour. I figured someone here must know the problem ? I have done many searchs and I see it is a semi-common problem. I found in one post where the gem and buttons were replaced but didn't fix problem ended up being a ground ? Just not sure which ground and where ? Any help would be appreciated !