Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Power window problem

Old 04-24-2009, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power window problem

Sorry to introduce myself in this manner, but i have a problem with my expedition, and this looks like a good place for some information. I have a 1997 expedition, and i'm having some electrical problems. None of the windows or locks work in the truck. The auto down works and the driver window will roll down, but not up. I have checked the 30a fuse under the hood, checked all the fuses under the dash, even went as far as ordering another master control switch, and still nothing. I had to run a wire from the battery to the actual switch, just to get the window back up. Any idea's? This problem has been baffling me for some weeks now and really don't want to have a stealership rip me off( i drive a tow truck, i know how they work). I've been around cars/trucks all my life and own a Bronco show truck, but this one has me stumped. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:18 AM

by any chance does the power windows happend to have an alarm what i mean when you activate the alarm on the car the windows go up on their own cause some of my costumers had the same problem and it was the alarm it had it was a excursion if it does the alarm should be in the door panel.. just remove it and check.... good luck..
Old 05-02-2009, 10:42 PM

Cool Power window

If the window goes down then there is no problem with the switch or motor, try cleaning the parts with WD40. Had the same problem and it worked.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power window problem