Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

power door locks.....help

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power door locks.....help

I have a 2000 f150, and I've been trying to figure this problem for a while now, my power locks don't work at all anymore but the key fob still honks the horn and flashes the lights but just does not unlock the doors, has anyone ever had this problem before and knows how I could fix this....please and thank you.....
Old 07-24-2014, 01:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kpyke
I have a 2000 f150, and I've been trying to figure this problem for a while now, my power locks don't work at all anymore but the key fob still honks the horn and flashes the lights but just does not unlock the doors, has anyone ever had this problem before and knows how I could fix this....please and thank you.....
It's probably just the actuator(s). They run around $26 delivered on Amazon. There are videos on YouTube showing the replacement process. The video I watched wasn't clear about how the actuator fit and was removed, so I fumbled around for a while. The actuator fits on tabs inside the door. Removal is done by pushing it toward the outside of the door. Install the new one by, you guessed it, pushing it toward the inside. It's probably a 15 minute job once you've done one. The part for my passenger door was a Dorman 746-149.

Quick Reply: power door locks.....help