Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Please help I need leaf springs BAD! What aftermarket are good?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 01:32 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Please help I need leaf springs BAD! What aftermarket are good?

Please help I have a 97 F150 4x4 and my leaf spring are shot and I am looking for aftermarket that can give me a slight lift and a nice ride the only problem is I just learned that i k or how they work but that's about it! What are you guys running?
Old 03-18-2015, 02:01 PM

Received 434 Likes on 419 Posts

Best riding are going to be deavers
Old 03-18-2015, 02:02 PM

Received 185 Likes on 179 Posts

My previous springs got flattened because of axle wrap, then I got my F-250 LD springs and put an add a leaf in them and so far the axle wrap is gone. I guess the add a leafs will settle a little bit so don't be surprised like I was when you put a load in your truck and now it sits an inch lower than before the load lol.

What is wrong with your current ones? Just flat, or broke, or what? If they re just flat you could get them re-arched and do an add a leaf.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Red-Ford
My previous springs got flattened because of axle wrap, then I got my F-250 LD springs and put an add a leaf in them and so far the axle wrap is gone. I guess the add a leafs will settle a little bit so don't be surprised like I was when you put a load in your truck and now it sits an inch lower than before the load lol. What is wrong with your current ones? Just flat, or broke, or what? If they re just flat you could get them re-arched and do an add a leaf.
flat and starting to get axel wrap! Did the heavy duty springs kill your ride? And did it give you a little hight in the rear? Cause I'm planning on buying the rough country leveling kit and I'd rather get a set of leaf springs that have a little extra hight so I don't have to use the block
Old 03-18-2015, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Carcrazygts2
Best riding are going to be deavers
can you give me anymore information I have to act fast and buy now and I would like a nice ride
Old 03-18-2015, 02:28 PM

Received 185 Likes on 179 Posts

I think I got almost 2" between the extra 2 leaves and the right arch. It settled a bit so IDK what the exact numbers are now. It did make the ride more stiff but not uncomfortable, I guess I would call it a solid ride? I feel more comfortable lol. You may need to get new shocks too, I have about 1/4" of shock action going on. That and you may need new U-bolts.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:47 PM

I think I got almost 2" between the extra 2 leaves and the right arch. It settled a bit so IDK what the exact numbers are now. It did make the ride more stiff but not uncomfortable, I guess I would call it a solid ride? I feel more comfortable lol. You may need to get new shocks too, I have about 1/4" of shock action going on. That and you may need new U-bolts.
well the leveling kit comes with new shocks from rough country
Old 03-18-2015, 02:47 PM

Received 2,508 Likes on 1,818 Posts

I don't know where you are at, but does your town (city) have a spring shop? They, by far, will give you the best spring for the money, and you would have local warranty. We have a great shop in Anchorage, and these guys here, can make about anything you can imagine. Just a thought.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:48 PM

do you remember ball park prices with hardware
Old 03-18-2015, 03:04 PM

what did you look for when buying? 97 f250?

Quick Reply: Please help I need leaf springs BAD! What aftermarket are good?