Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Pats system anti theft

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pats system anti theft

I REPALCED THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER ON MY 2000 F150 WITH A USED ONE. ALL GUAGES SEEM TO WORK BUT TRUCK WILL NOT START, ONLY CRANKS AND THEFT LIGHT IS ON. IS THERE A COMPATIBILITY ISSUE BETWEEN PATS KEY AND NEW CLUSTER? CAN IT BE REPROGRAMED? CHANGED BECAUSE DIGITAL ODOMETER WORKED ON AND OFF ON OLD CLUSTER. ALSO, CAN MILAGE BE RESET ON NEW CLUSTER? THANKS?
Old 10-20-2010, 11:50 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

You need to take your truck to a ford dealer to get your keys reprogramed OR swap in your circuit board from the OLD cluster to the new one(but you said it was messed up). Mileage can not be swapped over manually. I think the dealer can do that also.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:19 AM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Check your fuses..... My truck 1 night for some reason locked up and PATS wouldn't work. Anti theft light came on.. thought wtf? Buddy did some thinking and found the fuse and pulled it and put it back in and it started.. it was weird. Not saying that's your problem, but atleast something you can try.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:51 AM

Default PATS system

Thanks for replies. Will pull fuse first before bringing my check book to dealer.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:20 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by skydiver
Thanks for replies. Will pull fuse first before bringing my check book to dealer.
Its not your fuses... You switched a PATS component out, you have to get it corrected.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:04 AM

Default F150 PATS system

update for those who tried to help me with my problem: Tried fuse, no help. Even tried swapping out the part of the circuit board that is for the PATS system and that did not work. Finally went to dealer. Service mgr said it has to be "flashed." It's an hour labor $85 (here) and they transfer info from one cluster to the new one. Only the dealer can do it-figures! And, they CAN NOT transfer the correct milage. Nothing can be done with that. When the dealer orders a new cluster for a customer they have to tell the factory what milage to program in. Incorrect milage here in Ma would be a real problem at inspection time or selling the truck so it's back to the old cluster I guess. Thanks for the replys everyone.

Quick Reply: Pats system anti theft