Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Passanger mirror replacement on SCrew...'03

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Passanger mirror replacement on SCrew...'03

OK, so here's what happened.

I was parked downtown on the opposite side of the road, at a roundabout (legal in my city), and somebody must've hit my mirror with theirs, because mine has been snapped off the sail and the motor for horizontal positioning no longer works. I have a 2003 SCrew King Ranch w/ signal w/o heat. I've found plenty of replacement mirrors, but none that have a white cover on the back to match my truck. I'm 17, and i have an IT job that only pays about $10/h, working 20 hours a week... and i get paid monthly, so i reserve a great amount of my money for gas. I can't afford to replace both mirrors with chrome or black ones, as that would run close to 200$. I was wondering if the covers on the back of the mirrors are swappable so that i could buy a black or chrome mirror, and swap the covers off the back to match my truck? Also, what is the difference between the F 150 extended cab and below mirrors and the SCrew mirrors?
Old 01-20-2013, 01:33 PM
call me Randy

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

Yes. The painted cover pops off, but be gentle as it might crack. I don't remember if there's any screws on the inside holding it on or not.

Screw mirrors have a smaller base where it mounts to the door, there not interchangeable
The following users liked this post:
Lukrous (01-21-2013)

Quick Reply: Passanger mirror replacement on SCrew...'03