Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

PA 3" Body Lift Steering Extension

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PA 3" Body Lift Steering Extension

HELP!!
So I'm in the middle of installing a PA 3" Body Lift and I "OOPS" forgot to "remove the bolt" from the steering linkage. So when I lifted the cab, the steering shaft extended, but did not separate as the rag joint.

So, now I can't get the darn thing to calapse. Logic tells me the shaft was really tight from the start, because lifting the cab with a jack is a lot of force. So it's possible the shaft was stuck all alone.

What do you guys recommend??

I'll try vise grips and hammer in the morning.

Do any of you run a 3" body with NO steering extension??
Old 10-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Riding In The South

Originally Posted by jeepnsam
HELP!!
So I'm in the middle of installing a PA 3" Body Lift and I "OOPS" forgot to "remove the bolt" from the steering linkage. So when I lifted the cab, the steering shaft extended, but did not separate as the rag joint.

So, now I can't get the darn thing to calapse. Logic tells me the shaft was really tight from the start, because lifting the cab with a jack is a lot of force. So it's possible the shaft was stuck all alone.

What do you guys recommend??

I'll try vise grips and hammer in the morning.

Do any of you run a 3" body with NO steering extension??
no the steering extention is there for a reason you cant take the bolt off and loosen the screw on the power steering and slide it back in and the steering extentino comes in a plastic net looking bag if you didnt get one you should call them and tell them to send you one im sure they will
Old 10-03-2009, 09:54 PM

GOOD OLE vise grips on the upper thicker part of the shaft and a few whacks with the hammer and she slide right down. 2 days later she's lifted and running, but what a royal pain. Still gotta make some bed skirts and adjust the head lights.

Thanks,
SAm

Quick Reply: PA 3" Body Lift Steering Extension