Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

****P1636 - Inductive Signature Chip Communication !!!HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ****P1636 - Inductive Signature Chip Communication !!!HELP!!

My truck has been stalling and bucking like crazy lately finally came up with this code P1636 - Inductive Signature Chip Communication. anyone run into this before? I found a used PCM for 50.00 bucks should I try it vs 450.00+reprogram?
Old 02-18-2010, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anybody?
Old 02-21-2010, 04:37 AM
Found Off Road Dominating

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same code come up on my truck about a month ago, everywhere i went they said replace the ecu. i was also throwing a couple other codes like system to lean. everything i did was checked all vacuum lines, changed all my plugs(not very fun, i had to fix a blown plug) and the major ploblem i had was i had a couple bad coil packs. if you end up replacing them there like 98 bucks through ford, but your local auto parts store should have them for about 45. Good Luck hope this helps.
Old 07-18-2020, 02:21 PM
Window Licker

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Default i.did.i do.yep going on now.

Originally Posted by freeflow90
My truck has been stalling and bucking like crazy lately finally came up with this code P1636 - Inductive Signature Chip Communication. anyone run into this before? I found a used PCM for 50.00 bucks should I try it vs 450.00+reprogram?
Ford has mine.still I replaced with one.out of flagship ome km NY 250 refurb embedded with my vin etc.etc. thot it worked. but no joke im not on drugs, but every other day (2 cycles) it wouldnt work then it would be just fine. Ford putting a new one on for free and will test mon or tue. and we shall see, they only had it for a most of a month now. they thot it was a selinoid in tranny along with the front brace harness, those were replacedn still every other day. you start her and drop into drive and your either stuck in 4rd gear or 5th gear. period. shift lever buys you nothing. check engine light of course. My sfter market alarm was tied into the backside of the ob2II plug. thats a no no. alram ppl i guess looking for hit wires skinned back insulation and wrapped wires around and taped.em. prob id those wires coming loose and were very very close to other wires that couldve shorted or caused issues ?? so pulling out alarm then brand new ECM and go from there. if it goes back to every other day the service mngr told me flat out that they would be back to scratchin thier heads...?? not good amigo.
Old 07-18-2020, 02:51 PM

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

So many issues with this post.
1. Dead thread revival much. It’s been 10 years. They’ve moved on.
2. Your not even in the correct generation F-150 here.
3. I’m not even gonna start on the grammar issues here
4. you’re not addressing a problem here. Just rambling.
The following users liked this post:
Paul Day (07-18-2020)
Old 07-18-2020, 11:49 PM
Window Licker

Default custodian-bully Efarmer;665125

Originally Posted by Efarmer
well im not real tech savvy, ai do.apologize but ai am.a.paying member altho I havent recieved my glass yet.
Also my phone is broken along with the keyboard so some work some dont some of the time. so if I dont proof read really well tjem I jave some snafus het thru. Nut Im glad tour here ro correct.me.sir.
I believed i was.doing.good by putting my.1636 code question with another 1636 question, but I guessed wrong obviously. Hell i couldnt find the tooic last time, so like I already said i was proud as punch just finding a similar topic to list it with.
Now that brings me.to this topic. When I became.a.paying memeber.it was I thought was more about people.helping people, complete strangers if you will, sharing experiences and.some.disimilar and others same experiences, but the key words "the buzz.words if you will" is sharing and caring. nkw as a.paying.member 2.yrs im a.row, om a nonody Om not.a.senior admin or the likes.
So i take it tjat all senoor mngt support and encourage your parricipation like you gave me? If thats so then I really need to know. IN NO WAY do I want ro be confused ot hitch my wagon to your type approach. If u care let.me.explain, ??
Your approach was cold short and unwelcoming along with cometely rude amd.not your position or place for you to correct someone on this site where Im a paying memeber, the way in which you tried to do it. Who are you exactly lole the president vp ceo fpo or a deputy dog running around wishing he was sheriff? I joimed this.lage and.became.a.supporting memeber necause I believed im the concept and.tje.friendlyness and the helpfulness of the people. It was just good folks helping good folks for NOTHING. But if this is the way.and.where.we are headed then I have to bow out and.stop my mbrshp. I camnot.kmowing.pay and.support a.site that.supports the way yoi welvome.ppl. you need to stick.to.amswering tech questionsn if your any good at those cuz your not worth a.damn.at.customer service.side jack.
Also my keyboard is.broke but who cares, what if ida beem.new you wouldbe siccessfully ran.me.off due.to your lack of everything. A pure bully and clutz rolled into ome. Who vares if someone didnt get.past the 8th grade does that mean that their.grammer is going.to be bad or.ebem if.it is, who cares??.they came here.for.help with thier Ford mot for ur grammer lessons. youve ruined a.good thing for.me and i absolutely kmow.this as well, I kmow Im not the first one ypube ruined things for with your approach. now im going to find the.chieftain here and he is going to get this. now if anything will be done abt it?? but ill feel better abt it.
Old 07-18-2020, 11:51 PM
Window Licker

Default Efarmer;6651256

Originally Posted by Efarmer
correction on name

Quick Reply: ****P1636 - Inductive Signature Chip Communication !!!HELP!!