Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

OMG!! New exhaust is awesome!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up OMG!! New exhaust is awesome!!

WoW!!!! ...did not expect my budget exhaust setup to sound so incredibly good. I had a local small town shop install cat back duals with glass-packs and echo tips and an H mid-pipe on my 03 F150 S-cab 4.6L and it sounds so much better than I ever expected. Sweet, deep but subtle rumble at idle and gets better and better as you throttle up without getting whiney or high pitched. Can hear it 2 blocks away under full throttle, but not in an obnoxious way. You know what I mean? It's that .....Damn, what it is that? Sounds GOOOOOD!!! kind of thing!

Even better, my 0-60 time improved by more than a second going from 8.9 to 7.8. I most certainly did not expect that much out of just exhaust. Total cost. $200 bucks even.

Can't wait to see what she does when my Edge Evolution programmer and CAI get in next week.

Someone posted a thread here about adding Cherry Bombs for a low cost but good sounding upgrade to this engine and I thank you for the tip.

I second his post here, if you are tight on cash and looking for sound, and performance from the smaller V8, even a budget setup with knock off 20" glasspacks and 12" echos can make your truck sound lean and mean and give you noticable performance gains. The night before I had them put on, I ran a couple 0-60 times to compare with since I just bought the truck last week. I could barely chirp the wheels on takeoff. Today I was getting some scratch on shift to second and some definite spin on takeoff.

Thanks a million to Leon's Mufflers in Sapulpa OK. Roger...You da man!!!!

Morpheus
Old 05-01-2009, 01:11 AM

Received 105 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by morpheus
wow!!!! ...did not expect my budget exhaust setup to sound so incredibly good. I had a local small town shop install cat back duals with glass-packs and echo tips and an h mid-pipe on my 03 f150 s-cab 4.6l and it sounds so much better than i ever expected. Sweet, deep but subtle rumble at idle and gets better and better as you throttle up without getting whiney or high pitched. Can hear it 2 blocks away under full throttle, but not in an obnoxious way. You know what i mean? It's that .....damn, what it is that? Sounds goooood!!! Kind of thing!

Even better, my 0-60 time improved by more than a second going from 8.9 to 7.8. I most certainly did not expect that much out of just exhaust. Total cost. $200 bucks even.

Can't wait to see what she does when my edge evolution programmer and cai get in next week.

Someone posted a thread here about adding cherry bombs for a low cost but good sounding upgrade to this engine and i thank you for the tip.

I second his post here, if you are tight on cash and looking for sound, and performance from the smaller v8, even a budget setup with knock off 20" glasspacks and 12" echos can make your truck sound lean and mean and give you noticable performance gains. The night before i had them put on, i ran a couple 0-60 times to compare with since i just bought the truck last week. I could barely chirp the wheels on takeoff. Today i was getting some scratch on shift to second and some definite spin on takeoff.

Thanks a million to leon's mufflers in sapulpa ok. Roger...you da man!!!!

Morpheus
lets hear a sound clip!!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 01:24 AM

i have a set of new magna flows that sound great
Old 05-01-2009, 01:25 AM
2002 5.4 4X4 FX4

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

That was probably my Post about the Cherry bombs, Like I said You can't beat the sound for the money! It made a huge difference on my 4.6 as well, I am glad you went through with it and love what it did for your truck! Just wait till you ad a CAI and programmer
Old 05-01-2009, 01:33 AM

yea, so you added some more power with programmer. what type?
Old 05-02-2009, 11:53 AM
2002 5.4 4X4 FX4

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I had the old style edge programmer, I really like the new EDGE EVOLUTION programmer with the dash pod mounting system as you can change your settings instantly, plus I like seeing the read out, the one thing I don't like about it though is it is right up where everyone can see it so if you live in a high crime area I might not get one and opt for one that plugs in, you set your settings and then remove it for safe keeping. I am just looking to increase performance when towing and fuel economy when not, I'm not looking to hot rod my truck as I have found that hard driving and abuse causes loss of longevity, costly repairs and in the long run undue stress on me. kinda like when you blow a transmission and then don't have the money to fix it. Damn! I must be getting old!

Quick Reply: OMG!! New exhaust is awesome!!