Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

oil pressure sending unit 01 f150

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pressure sending unit 01 f150

my oil pressure gauge kept sticking on cold mornings, so I wanted to replace the sensing unit for the gauge. I purchased one from Advanced Auto and while I was replacing it I noticed that the new unit was not as long as the old one and would not tighten up properly do to it hitting the block. I got it tightened as well as I could using teflon tape, but wondered if it would leak. The gauge has worked fine since replacing it but still I wondered....well 2 weeks later I noticed ddrips of oil on the garage floor and determined it most likely coming from the unit. I went back to the auto store to make sure that it was the correct unit and they said it was, I even called a NAPA store and had the guy measure it and it was still the shorter one. Do I have the correct part??? Anyone else have this problem?? My next step is calling the Ford dealer, He ordered the part and we'll find out if it is the correct size. Would appreciate any input anyone would have on this matter.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Kill em all

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had to get the water temp switch for my 2000 Navigator from the dealer, the one from the part store would cause the computer to shut the motor off. My good friend that works at O"Reillys said that parts companys tend to generalize parts to cut down on manufacturing costs.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep the one from the dealer fit perfectly. I guess sometimes you gotta buy genuine parts.

Quick Reply: oil pressure sending unit 01 f150