Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Need official specs

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need official specs

So,

Proud owner of a 2002 F150 Harley Davidson Supercharged but in desperate need of some help.
Since i'm living in Belgium and we probably have the worst yearly technical control i seem to have got myself a problem.

At the yearly technical control of the car they asked me what the topspeed of the car is, because the tire speed index has to be right.
I would like to install tires with speed index V which i thought should be the right tires... but they don't believe that is the right speed index.
So, i'm actually in desperate need of an official Ford document which states that the topspeed of my car is not above 210km/u or 130mph and that tires with speed index V or above are allowed.
My car is stock from factory.
I hope someone around here can help me out with an official spec sheet or official sheets which states the topspeed of the car and/or the allowed tires.

Oh, and yeh, i know, if you look in the door side of the car, it's possible to see the allowed tire, but hell, it wouldn't be Belgium if that was good enough for the always fair government people...
So... need an official spec sheet/instruction manual ...
Old 10-29-2013, 04:15 PM
2015 F-150 3.5 ecoboost

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

My first thought would be to call ford and ask em if they could send ya a sheet or fax one too you. Other than that I'm srry I can't be of more help.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

hmm. i found the specs from ford on the svt lightning but not the harley edition.
BTW top speed on the lightning is 142 mph.
ford lightning spec link
Old 10-29-2013, 08:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

There's a Ford Owner site-maybe you could get the info there? http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...mePage&lb=ford

Helpful Links:
Old 11-01-2013, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OTG02
My first thought would be to call ford and ask em if they could send ya a sheet or fax one too you. Other than that I'm srry I can't be of more help.
Yeh, tried that, i'm still in contact with ford crc but doesn't seem that easy to convince them to send me an official paper/fax of some kind which states the vehicle specs ( topspeed ) or tires.

Well, actually, the very helpfull person of ford CRC mailed me the recommended tires for my car, but, well, wouldn't be Belgium if they would allow this.

They say the only way they can allow it is if it is on the
-Original certificate of ford us or an importer from Belgium ( but there is no official importer in Belgium and ford europe doesn't wanna help me out )
-If it's on the registration certificate ( well, nothing to find there )
-An original stamp of ford us in the car ( there is a stamp but doesn't provide the speed index, only the tire size )
- if it's on the original certificate of conformity ( but i don't even know if they have something like that in the us? )

So... actually, Belgian government is a bunch of asses and i'm stuck with tires which aren't even made for the car...

[MENTION=161976]F150 Dawg[/MENTION] : Yeh, it's harsh, in the lightning manual they also say which tire is the right one... not in the harley manual tho...

[MENTION=160626]cardinexile[/MENTION] : Tried that one, but only specs to be found are the ones of the lightning...

Thanks all tho, hopefully i can get them conveinced somehow
Old 11-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Looking for a Henway.

Received 369 Likes on 301 Posts

So you would need an official Ford spec sheet?
OEM tires for the '02 HD were Goodyear Eagle GT II tires, P275/45R20 106V.
Aside from the fact that it is on the door jam of the truck, I don't know what else they would require. I mean that is the OEM spec. is on the jam.

Quick Reply: Need official specs