Need More Horses! - Page 2 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans



Need More Horses!

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-17-2014, 12:30 AM   #11
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
ibd2328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 8,192
Thanked 380 Times in 312 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J5Murph View Post
I was considering doing an L swap actually! Do you know what all is needed for the L swap?
Contact dave4x4. He has alot of extra parts and pretty much can walk you through it. I would give more details but its my bed time.


Goodnight, everyone. As to [MENTION=92839]MyFX4Project[/MENTION] please change rims so I can get some sleep this week.
ibd2328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:41 AM   #12
4v > 2v
 
MyFX4Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,972
Thanked 93 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibd2328 View Post

Contact dave4x4. He has alot of extra parts and pretty much can walk you through it. I would give more details but its my bed time.

Goodnight, everyone. As to [MENTION=92839]MyFX4Project[/MENTION] please change rims so I can get some sleep this week.
LOL^^^^^

To the OP, check out the engine builders thread. L swap would be your best bet.
MyFX4Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:16 PM   #13
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
jferg92's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,678
Thanked 170 Times in 161 Posts
Default

http://m.f150forum.com/showthread.ph...123&styleid=20
jferg92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:31 PM   #14
Looking for a Henway.
iTrader: (2)
 
blupupher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Katy, Republic of Texas
Posts: 2,477
Thanked 211 Times in 174 Posts
Default

More power and more MPG are opposites with these trucks for the most part. To get more power on these you need to use more fuel.

Money spent on upgrading to a newer/better motor that does have more power and "better" MPG costs so much that getting better mpg is not enough to make up for the cost.
blupupher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:40 PM   #15
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
J5Murph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 134
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blupupher View Post
More power and more MPG are opposites with these trucks for the most part. To get more power on these you need to use more fuel. Money spent on upgrading to a newer/better motor that does have more power and "better" MPG costs so much that getting better mpg is not enough to make up for the cost.
I don't care about gas!
J5Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:15 PM   #16
Resident Forester
5 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
jprevat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,923
Thanked 437 Times in 423 Posts
Default

Then do an L swap and a couple few grand more into the engine for pistons and rods and heads and you should be good to go
jprevat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:27 PM   #17
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
ibd2328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 8,192
Thanked 380 Times in 312 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprevat View Post
Then do an L swap and a couple few grand more into the engine for pistons and rods and heads and you should be good to go
You can always pull a couple Clydesdales in a trailer behind ya. I'm pretty sure they count for two hp each.
ibd2328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:45 PM   #18
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
charliedyal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tallahassee, Fl
Posts: 2,926
Thanked 142 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibd2328 View Post

You can always pull a couple Clydesdales in a trailer behind ya. I'm pretty sure they count for two hp each.
Your a little off. 2.1874635 HP ea. To be exact. I checked. Throw in a shetland pony and you'll have an even 5 Brother.
charliedyal is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2004 Questions redcelica 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 7 09-28-2015 10:13 AM
Need help please! 99 f150 Ohio521 1997 - 2003 Ford F150 1 09-25-2015 06:14 PM
Towing question mogator53 Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing 29 09-23-2015 07:48 PM
2001 Adding Cruise Control "HELP" ams2mac2000 1997 - 2003 Ford F150 12 09-23-2015 07:13 PM
Towing Question mogator53 2015 - Present Ford F150 5 09-20-2015 08:52 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 AM.


Copyright 2006 - 2016 F150Forum.com