Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Need Help! Installing DUAL HALO PROJECTOR LED HEADLIGHTS!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Help! Installing DUAL HALO PROJECTOR LED HEADLIGHTS!!

I just bought them of ebay for my 97 F-150 and they came with no instructions. They hook up pretty much to all the correct locations but there are a row of LED accents. with two sets of red 1 blue and 1 black wire. Does anyone know how to wire these up, Or A way to splice them into another source? i can send pics if it helps any.

Last edited by wayner1797; 09-16-2007 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:11 PM

The extra wires you are talking about are for the Halo's around the lights. They are hooked up separately because they are on the same circuit as your headlight switch however, the halos are always on reguardless of brights or dims. You can hook these up to a wire that is hot when your lights are on and dead when they are off then you'll be set.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:43 PM

oh ok i see Thanks. So i can just hook them up to the headlight switch wires so when i turn my headlights on they go on and off when i turn the switch off? Just want to makes sure.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:39 PM

I also just bought some halo headlights. I just don't understand how to hook them up. Where does the 2 red wires go? where does the black wire go? and where does the blue wire go? I understand that they hook up to the headlight wires i just don't know how to do it.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wire the halo's and led's into the parking light wires, that way, when your running lights are on your other junk will be on.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:22 PM
AdvanceAutoPartsManager

Default Ty is right

Here is one of mine....I wired the leds to come on for turn signal, and the halos for running lights.."which are always on unless you turn off lights"
Attached Images  
Old 12-27-2007, 08:52 PM

I tried to hook them up that way but i cant figure out which wire is the ground and which is the negative. That is assuming that the red wires are the positive wires. I need to know where the blue and black wires go. just saying hook them up to the parking lights is not telling me anything. Are all of the wires positive. I someone could show me a picture of their hook that might be helpful
Old 12-27-2007, 08:57 PM
AdvanceAutoPartsManager

ok look real close to the wires...if you have 5 leds like mine then 2 wires will have 5 wires made into 1 wire....that would go into your turn signal....don't go by color go by where they come from and what works...try the wires turn on turn signal doesn't work then try a different wire...yea it is going to take a minute but just crab a stool and sit down relax and do it right....if you can take a pic of it please upload so I see what you are working with....

oh yea....you will be cutting alot of wires so just don't get mad...

Last edited by napadriver_duvall; 12-27-2007 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by jsheppard
I tried to hook them up that way but i cant figure out which wire is the ground and which is the negative. That is assuming that the red wires are the positive wires. I need to know where the blue and black wires go. just saying hook them up to the parking lights is not telling me anything. Are all of the wires positive. I someone could show me a picture of their hook that might be helpful

Ground = Negative.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NapaDriver, do you have a photo of the lights on? I am getting ready to purchase a 2000 F-150 and this will be my first mod, I think these really dress up the front of the truck! Would love to see what they look like lit up!
The following users liked this post:
hitstick8 (01-08-2013)

Quick Reply: Need Help! Installing DUAL HALO PROJECTOR LED HEADLIGHTS!!