Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

My cab is filling up with water!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 11:23 PM
Zombie Killer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default My cab is filling up with water!

Well...just the rocker-area lol Had our first few good days of rain recently. Went and moved the truck onto the driveway (steep incline) and noticed water running out from underneath the cab on the passenger-side rear-door. Opened the door, noticed the carpet was wet at the plastic door sill/cover. Pulled the cover and door-seal out of the way and found it was full of water. Pulled the rubber grommet and drailed it all out. Not sure where its coming from. Noticed some light green mildew streaks in the door-jam near the rubber door-seal. I'm thinking its the door seal itself (no obvious problems or damage) and the water just ran down until it ended up down by the floor. Whatcha think?
Old 09-20-2010, 04:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the back window. The factory seal on the back windo on most fords usually leak. usually arround 100 bucks to get fixed
Old 09-20-2010, 04:19 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

check the windshield... this model of truck has a bad seal from factory... ive seen over 50 of these trucks like that... i have an 02 f150... and the windshield leaks on the drives side...and it runs down the inside of the windshield and can get into the fuse panel.... i had to pull the whole dash out and re wire it about 3 years ago... if you do a search on here im sure you will find a hand full of the same

i dont have mine fixed yet... but if you look on the roof of you truck there is like a rain gaurd and it runs all the way to the windshield... and the seal dont fit well there... as on the 04 and newer trucks they stoped that rain gaurd a few inches before the windshield..
Old 09-20-2010, 02:16 PM
C.E.O. Poorboy Racing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My back window leaks, I think I'm gonna have the local glass shop re seal it for me...
Old 09-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Zombie Killer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If anything its the back window not the front, since the water is accumulating at the rear passenger door (Supercrew). I need to pull all the interior trim out and have a buddy spray it down with a hose while I find the leak inside. Thanks for the info guys

Quick Reply: My cab is filling up with water!