Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

my build so far

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 02:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my build so far

started life as a bone stock xlt 4x4 4.6. body in roughish shape, but real low miles. work thus far: cleaned MAF, tightened throttle, Gotts mod and silencer removal, true dual 2.5 inch into two dynomax ultraflo mufflers. new rims and rubber. plan for the near future: paint and body work, its got some serious scrapes and dings that I need to take care of and i have no clue how. also one rust spot along the rocker i plan to grind out. bull bar (for look, not function), level it out, programmer with tune, cowl hood (again for looks, not function), new harley davidson style lights. pull out the plastic box liner and do something different (not sure what, suggestions?). and i would like to get under the truck and clean the snot out of it and under coat it (suggestions for good cleaning product and a diy undercoat?). and a stereo system if i gots any extra pennies. ohhh and i would love to get some power out of that engine, but as has been stated, the 4.6 is a bit of a slug unless a lot of pretty pennies are thrown at it!
Old 04-20-2014, 02:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most pressing issue for me is paint and body though. if anyone knows how to do a patch job on a big scrape/scratch right in the middle of a panel thats right down to the metal, you advice and tips would be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-20-2014, 10:31 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Post some pictures. We all love pictures. Good luck..

Quick Reply: my build so far