Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 1997 - 2003 Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 09:06 PM   #421
Senior Member
 
ibd2328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7,320
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Thanked 318 Times in 265 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caron View Post
If I made what u made I'd be in the same boat lol all I can say pics videos keep em commin
I'm waiting to see those monster 4v heads on myfx4's block. Gonna be crazy.
__________________
ibd2328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:12 PM   #422
Senior Member
 
caron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Couldn't agree more I'm sure u know already but how's she gunna fit with the heads tight lots of room? Still can't w8 to see it
caron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:45 PM   #423
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,266
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Thanked 204 Times in 199 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibd2328 View Post
Myfx4 and carcrazy got me power hungry. Was only shooting for 550lb ft now I'm look got 750. Thanks guys for making me spend my entire nights and paychecks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibd2328 View Post
I'm waiting to see those monster 4v heads on myfx4's block. Gonna be crazy.
I'm looking for something. Once I find it, then it will be game on.. Took a weeks vacation @ the end of april. I'll be able to tear everything down and get to the fun stuff..
Carcrazygts2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:06 PM   #424
4v > 2v
 
MyFX4Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,490
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Thanked 83 Times in 77 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibd2328 View Post

I'm waiting to see those monster 4v heads on myfx4's block. Gonna be crazy.
Just getting rotating assembly done. Havent decided if im even going to touch the heads (valves, springs, etc) or not. Engine only had like 130k on it so I might just get them cleaned and resurfaced and swap cams. Probably be in my best interest to get them pressure tested and the deck checked before I slap em on.

MMR finally got back to me. They are waiting on header gaskets to show up so they will ship my whole order out on wednesday. Cost to ship was $99!!! But I got it fo free..

Ibd, if you are going through MMR become a member on svtperformance and go through their rep, he'll give free shipping and also gave me $25 off my first order just for being a member lol
__________________
2002 F-150 FX4
3" Body Lift on 315/70/17 Duratracs
4.56 Gears with Detroit True Trac
Build Thread: http://www.f150forum.com/f6/myfx4pro...thread-180188/
MyFX4Project is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:18 PM   #425
Senior Member
 
ibd2328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7,320
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Thanked 318 Times in 265 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFX4Project View Post
Just getting rotating assembly done. Havent decided if im even going to touch the heads (valves, springs, etc) or not. Engine only had like 130k on it so I might just get them cleaned and resurfaced and swap cams. Probably be in my best interest to get them pressure tested and the deck checked before I slap em on. MMR finally got back to me. They are waiting on header gaskets to show up so they will ship my whole order out on wednesday. Cost to ship was $99!!! But I got it fo free.. Ibd, if you are going through MMR become a member on svtperformance and go through their rep, he'll give free shipping and also gave me $25 off my first order just for being a member lol
I wished I would have. Already have my rotating assembly. Just need new cams from them. What's your username?
__________________
ibd2328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:35 PM   #426
4v > 2v
 
MyFX4Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,490
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Thanked 83 Times in 77 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Same as on here.
__________________
2002 F-150 FX4
3" Body Lift on 315/70/17 Duratracs
4.56 Gears with Detroit True Trac
Build Thread: http://www.f150forum.com/f6/myfx4pro...thread-180188/
MyFX4Project is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:09 PM   #427
Senior Member
 
ibd2328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7,320
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Thanked 318 Times in 265 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFX4Project View Post
Same as on here.
Thank ya, I think I found the cams I'm gonna go with
__________________
ibd2328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:49 PM   #428
4v > 2v
 
MyFX4Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,490
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Thanked 83 Times in 77 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Update..

Got my 96-98 cobra intake cams in. Gonna run em up to the machine shop when I pick up my engine to make sure they dont need cleaned or anything. Still no call from machine shop so ill be calling them tomorrow afternoon.

Also went by oreillys today to pick up some miscellaneous items..
8 borg worner coil packs (lifetime warranty compared to motorcrafts limited warranty)
8 motorcraft plugs
New water pump
New thermostat
New serpentine belt

All of this rang up to about $520 but I used my buddy's discount and only paid $360 which I thought was a steal for the coil packs alone. I have basically everything I need to build the engine except the engine itself lol
__________________
2002 F-150 FX4
3" Body Lift on 315/70/17 Duratracs
4.56 Gears with Detroit True Trac
Build Thread: http://www.f150forum.com/f6/myfx4pro...thread-180188/
MyFX4Project is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:07 PM   #429
Wood is Good
 
jprevat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,544
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thanked 131 Times in 127 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFX4Project View Post
Update..

Got my 96-98 cobra intake cams in. Gonna run em up to the machine shop when I pick up my engine to make sure they dont need cleaned or anything. Still no call from machine shop so ill be calling them tomorrow afternoon.

Also went by oreillys today to pick up some miscellaneous items..
8 borg worner coil packs (lifetime warranty compared to motorcrafts limited warranty)
8 motorcraft plugs
New water pump
New thermostat
New serpentine belt

All of this rang up to about $520 but I used my buddy's discount and only paid $360 which I thought was a steal for the coil packs alone. I have basically everything I need to build the engine except the engine itself lol
If yours turns out as great as I think it is I might try to follow in your footsteps.
__________________
jprevat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:24 PM   #430
Senior Member
 
fordmotorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,483
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Thanked 46 Times in 44 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Did you ever say if you are buying a harness or splicing wires?
__________________
Boat build thread http://www.f150forum.com/f15/my-f-15...72-sr1-214843/
Lightning blower swap thread http://www.f150forum.com/f6/just-ano...r-swap-198994/
2004 Super Duty
fordmotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:24 PM
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:37 PM.


Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.