Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

milage??

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 12:48 AM
Dsav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default milage??

how many miles can i expect to get out of my truck? it is a 2001 supercrew, lariat, 5.4 4x4, im at 205k right now and i would just like to know when i can expect something to go wrong.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:00 AM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

Default truck

you can never put a specific time on when something will go wrong on your truck but if you take care of it, ( spark plugs, oil changes, coolant flush, etc. and make sure it has the healthiest fluids and all the best you can afford, and as long as you dont dog it out every time you pull out of your neighborhood, you should be able to count on your truck for a long time, if you go muddin make sure you clean the undercarriage out very well, check your fluids and air filter regularly, and dont go the cheapest route for oil changes, alot of places that change your oil use universal filters and bulk oil. which isnt the best thing for you overall, and also i usually make sure i warm my truck up about 10-15 minutes if its cool outside, before i get in and start driving, with the ac off, that gives it time to warm up from sitting and being cold. you only have warm it up once a day though, in the morning before you go somewhere just try to warm up your truck before you make your errands or go to work for that day, and the next day and so on and so forth do the same thing, as long as its warmed up good in the morning you dont have to worry about warming it up before you leave school or work, your good to go, and on warm days just make sure you warm it up for about 5 minutes, just to get the temp to mid level,

good luck

Quick Reply: milage??