Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Looking for some help with new window motor

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for some help with new window motor

Im trying to figure out the RIGHT window motor (drivers). I ordered one from rock auto (A1 82-8023) but its wrong. Mine has a socket for a gear, and the new one has a gear, not a socket. And, no, I have ZERO desire to buy a Ford part. Sorry. Not trying to offend any die-hard-purests. But, I am thoroughly un-impressed with the quality of the factory parts like buttons, switches, actuators, window motors, etc.

2001 SuperCrew Lariat 4WD
Old 05-31-2016, 12:41 PM

Received 5,550 Likes on 4,627 Posts

I'm by no purest either, I go for what works. I'm very impressed w/Ford Motor parts. My trucks 18 years old and still has most of the factory original stuff. Specifically the stuff you mention. Some people will whine no matter what and that's what's unimpressive, distasteful, idiotic...you name it.

Anyway, just sell it and move on. Ford definitely doesn't need you, there's plenty of others that will attest to what I'm saying.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jbrew
I'm by no purest either, I go for what works. I'm very impressed w/Ford Motor parts. My trucks 18 years old and still has most of the factory original stuff. Specifically the stuff you mention. Some people will whine no matter what and that's what's unimpressive, distasteful, idiotic...you name it.

Anyway, just sell it and move on. Ford definitely doesn't need you, there's plenty of others that will attest to what I'm saying.
yeah...sounds like you're exactly the person I was figuring on chiming in with "pride." You can move on to another thread and spill your vomit there. I'll decide what to do with MY truck. I'm glad your luck has been better, but I just got done replacing every single door lock actuator, have a sunroof that doesn't function, an overdrive button not working, the aforementioned window motor, another one about to **** out, and the list goes on. Well made parts last longer than that. Period.

If anyone wanted to actually be helpful, that would be much appreciated. I've had plenty from the Welcoming Comity.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:54 PM

Received 182 Likes on 168 Posts

http://www.tascaparts.com/ford/f-150...position=right here's the right motor. This is where I get my parts and they've always been right.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:07 PM

Received 486 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by Jessie Cahill
Im trying to figure out the RIGHT window motor (drivers). I ordered one from rock auto (A1 82-8023) but its wrong. Mine has a socket for a gear, and the new one has a gear, not a socket. And, no, I have ZERO desire to buy a Ford part. Sorry. Not trying to offend any die-hard-purests. But, I am thoroughly un-impressed with the quality of the factory parts like buttons, switches, actuators, window motors, etc.

2001 SuperCrew Lariat 4WD
If you buy from your local auto parts dealer, you can easily return/exchange it and not have the hassel of shipping back out of state.
IMO, most electrical components are foreign made, it is only experience that weeds out the bad products/manufacturers.
That is where forums like this are valuable. Folks freely share their experiences- good luck finding the right part- Regards, Bear.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by rcairbear
If you buy from your local auto parts dealer, you can easily return/exchange it and not have the hassel of shipping back out of state.
IMO, most electrical components are foreign made, it is only experience that weeds out the bad products/manufacturers.
That is where forums like this are valuable. Folks freely share their experiences- good luck finding the right part- Regards, Bear.
That was my next move. I am kind of hoping someone had already dealt with this issue and could give me some advice like "oh yeah, you have to order the one listed for X model to get the part your looking for" or "order the dorman one that ends in XYZ", etc. Usually it's not the first time someone has had the issue and someone else can pass along what worked for them. Thanks
Old 05-31-2016, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Fordfan2006
http://www.tascaparts.com/ford/f-150...position=right here's the right motor. This is where I get my parts and they've always been right.
Thanks, FordFan. Any reason you selected the '03 king Ranch instead of the 01 lariat?
Old 05-31-2016, 01:57 PM

Received 5,550 Likes on 4,627 Posts

yeah...sounds like you're exactly the person I was figuring on chiming in with "pride."
No, you mentioned purest. I assume you know the meaning...(?) Some of Fords brake system parts are terrible for one. I'm not a purest, only stand behind what works. That's it, the plain and simple. You didn't have to whine about your 15 year old Ford truck breaking on you, cutting the manufacturer down. Just try to do better.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:03 PM

Received 182 Likes on 168 Posts

Thanks, FordFan. Any reason you selected the '03 king Ranch instead of the 01 lariat?
that's my truck. It's preset for me but it's exactly the same.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:06 PM

Received 399 Likes on 286 Posts

yeah...sounds like you're exactly the person I was figuring on chiming in with "pride." You can move on to another thread and spill your vomit there. I'll decide what to do with MY truck. I'm glad your luck has been better, but I just got done replacing every single door lock actuator, have a sunroof that doesn't function, an overdrive button not working, the aforementioned window motor, another one about to **** out, and the list goes on. Well made parts last longer than that. Period. If anyone wanted to actually be helpful, that would be much appreciated. I've had plenty from the Welcoming Comity.
you started the thread with a bad attitude what do you expect? A large cry with that whaaaaaa burger? Give me a break. Your accounts only 2 months old, may as well just sell the truck and delete it.

Quick Reply: Looking for some help with new window motor