Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

a little idea...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 02:32 AM
AcrophobiA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default a little idea...

Ive been talking about this forever.. i dont want any billet grilles on my F150.. my ranger has that and with this truck im stayin away from a lot of normal exterior mods on "mini trucks" and i'm about to get the whole truck repainted so...

You guys think i should mold in a factory grille from a navi into the lower gap in the valance??

Before:

After:

another quick chop to see it at another angle...

Old 03-17-2008, 02:47 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

do it
Old 03-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Will work for parts

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

i would leave it empty but black out the rad and trans cooler
Old 03-20-2008, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a clean ride as it is man, why would you re-paint it, unless its really hot and you dont have AC.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:30 PM
AcrophobiA

Originally Posted by typhus
Thats a clean ride as it is man, why would you re-paint it, unless its really hot and you dont have AC.
I do have A/c... its the factory paint besides the front clip.. Its also been hit 3 times since i moved up to Ohio so i bought a new header panel and headlight and the bumper needs repainted from the 2 times it has been backed into and its getting a custom paint job w/ white pearl flames coming back from the wheel wells The new 20s i bought are black faced w/ a polished lip and they are getting repainted to match 100% to the body also
Old 03-21-2008, 12:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think ypou should do it! It looks tight! Maybe you should try to photoshop some pics of how it would look with the paint job.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:31 PM
AcrophobiA

Originally Posted by MayDFXForceBWithU
I think ypou should do it! It looks tight! Maybe you should try to photoshop some pics of how it would look with the paint job.

I dont think i'm that good with Photoshop... and don't think i have the patience for that! lol

It looks like i wont do it now... most people besides here say no go and for the work that it will take to do i'm gonna put it off... Im gettin the whole truck repainted in April and i've been waiting a while and don't wanna put it off any more!

An easy thing to do now to keep from that ugly view in there is a mesh inset ive been thinking about painting black also so its just not as noticeable all the stuff in that gap... but i dont want the mesh from all the import cars that looks like gutter guard.. I might order this:

Quick Reply: a little idea...