LED puddle light install - Page 8 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans



LED puddle light install

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-07-2014, 03:04 PM   #71
cliffords a 4x4
 
F150_NAMED_CLIFFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Laredo TEXAS
Posts: 1,615
Thanked 35 Times in 34 Posts
Default

LED puddle light install-image-2116652520.jpg

I just got my lights....... Too bad I can do anything right now cause of my bum knee haha
F150_NAMED_CLIFFORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:27 PM   #72
Looking for a Henway.
iTrader: (2)
 
blupupher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Katy, Republic of Texas
Posts: 2,477
Thanked 211 Times in 174 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150_NAMED_CLIFFORD View Post

I just got my lights....... Too bad I can do anything right now cause of my bum knee haha
You use your hands to attach the lights, not your knee.
blupupher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 04:21 PM   #73
cliffords a 4x4
 
F150_NAMED_CLIFFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Laredo TEXAS
Posts: 1,615
Thanked 35 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blupupher View Post
You use your hands to attach the lights, not your knee.
All this time I though I needed to use my knee to connect everything. Haha maybe I'll connect the lights for the bed together until I'm able to move around
F150_NAMED_CLIFFORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:32 AM   #74
Senior Member
 
Ariat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,370
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150_NAMED_CLIFFORD View Post
All this time I though I needed to use my knee to connect everything. Haha maybe I'll connect the lights for the bed together until I'm able to move around
I got mine the other day too. Haven't had time to install them yet. So sad.
Ariat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:33 PM   #75
cliffords a 4x4
 
F150_NAMED_CLIFFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Laredo TEXAS
Posts: 1,615
Thanked 35 Times in 34 Posts
Default

hey browning will i need a fuse if im gonna run more that two lights, plus thats a lot of wire for two lights if im tapping into the dome light? p.s. i might be over thinking it but i wanna put lights in the bed and tool box would it just be easier if those were on a switch?
F150_NAMED_CLIFFORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #76
Resident light whore
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
 
BrowningSCrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 31,745
Thanked 698 Times in 594 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150_NAMED_CLIFFORD View Post
hey browning will i need a fuse if im gonna run more that two lights, plus thats a lot of wire for two lights if im tapping into the dome light? p.s. i might be over thinking it but i wanna put lights in the bed and tool box would it just be easier if those were on a switch?
You shouldn't need a fuse they don't draw much. For the bed light though I'd run a a fused Hotwire off the battery thru a switch to keep them safe
BrowningSCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #77
Looking for a Henway.
iTrader: (2)
 
blupupher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Katy, Republic of Texas
Posts: 2,477
Thanked 211 Times in 174 Posts
Default

Yeah, you can run 10 LED's and still not draw the power of 1 incandescent bulb, so interior wise your fine, but exterior needs to be fused separately.
Ideally you would want to do a relay for the exterior lights too, switch or no switch.
blupupher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #78
cliffords a 4x4
 
F150_NAMED_CLIFFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Laredo TEXAS
Posts: 1,615
Thanked 35 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningSCrew View Post
You shouldn't need a fuse they don't draw much. For the bed light though I'd run a a fused Hotwire off the battery thru a switch to keep them safe

Ok that's what I was thinking just running the bed lights straight from the battery with a fuse but then the negative wire would just be a ground right? (I'll just look at my kc's to get and idea
F150_NAMED_CLIFFORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:15 PM   #79
cliffords a 4x4
 
F150_NAMED_CLIFFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Laredo TEXAS
Posts: 1,615
Thanked 35 Times in 34 Posts
Default

......... ill try and figure it out..........
F150_NAMED_CLIFFORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:32 PM   #80
Resident light whore
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
 
BrowningSCrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 31,745
Thanked 698 Times in 594 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150_NAMED_CLIFFORD View Post

Ok that's what I was thinking just running the bed lights straight from the battery with a fuse but then the negative wire would just be a ground right? (I'll just look at my kc's to get and idea
Yeah just ground to the frame or body
BrowningSCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BrowningSCrew For This Useful Post:
F150_NAMED_CLIFFORD (08-11-2014)
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Incredibly bright Led Mirror Puddle Lights Burke484 Lighting 16 10-19-2016 12:46 AM
2004 Ford F150 Truck New Body Style Power Heated Turn Signal Upgrade Dual Arm Towing 1ATony Vendor Showcase 12 09-14-2016 02:57 PM
Texas: Tow Mirrors (Stage3) 13fx4tx 2009 - 2014 Part Sales 3 09-08-2015 11:10 PM
New truck checking in MarkOPKS 2015 - Present Ford F150 9 09-05-2015 02:27 AM
Where to buy LED Foglight? Anyone do yellow? larry_chip 2015 - Present Ford F150 0 09-02-2015 09:13 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 PM.


Copyright 2006 - 2016 F150Forum.com