Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Leak

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 12:34 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Leak

Just joined so a big Hello!

I found the other day I had water find it's way to my oh **** handles on driver side front pillar. Anyone have this happen to them? I wonder if the front windshield needs to be re-caulked. What do you think??

I have a 2003 F150 Supercrew with the 5.4.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:19 PM
OVERTHINKER

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll put a vote in for the windshield to be resealed.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Pimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It can be hard to find the source of water intrusion. When my rear window was leaking we stripped the trim off around the glass and sprayed a hose at it until we found the leak. I was gonna try shooting some rtv in, but my buddy convinced me to replace the seal. I guess after all the time it took us to figure out what the problem was it was worth doing correctly. However, I believe the front window is held in by a gasket (not sure) so I would start by checking the condition of the rubber surround. Hopefully somebody else here can help you. Welcome to the site!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an '05 and I have a leak that keeps showing up on the driver's floor-board. I pulled the carpet back and cannot find any holes, I cannot see any openings at the fire wall either? The silicon/gasket around the windshield looks a little deteriorated, but I'm not sure how oe where the water is getting to the drivers floor? Anyone ever encountered this? If the a/c condensate line was backed up, would it somehow leak into the interior?
Old 12-06-2008, 08:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you have a sun roof, it could be the drain. it goes down one of the pilars. that was the problem with ou 03 expidition. my 99 winshield leaks and needs to be reset.seems the water comes in where the notches on the roof are.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default same , but on passenger side

After a heavy rain I noticed a puddle on my passenger side floor, then noticed water dripping out of the B-pillar handle. At first I thought windshield too, as it was replaced earlier in the year. I sealed arounf that (memories from the '70s) but that had no effect.

The problem is with the upper-outer weatherstrip gasket. If the top of the door isnt snug enough, and rain is heavy enough, water will trickle through the upper-outer gasket, into the lower-inner gasket, and then run down the B-pillar.

Solution - closed foam weatherstripping placed on inside of top of door where contact with upper-outer gasket is made. $5 solution, and it seems to work.

Quick Reply: Leak