Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Lead time on Gryphon Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 05:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lead time on Gryphon Tuner

I was just curious how long it took you guys to get your Gryphon tuners. I ordered a Gryphon because I heard nothing but good stuff about the product and the customer service, but I can't even seem to get in touch with anyone there. I placed my order two weeks ago and still haven't even heard from them other than the initial emails so I could make payment. I've emailed, posted in the forum, and tried calling, but still nothing. I know they're busy, but damn. I didn't even order any custom tunes with it.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:48 AM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

It took me about 3 weeks to get my Gryphon after I had paid for it. But they were out of them and had to order more from EDGE.

They usually ship it within 48 hours of when you paid for it.

They are really hard to get ahold of that's for sure. They were out for a few weeks because of Corey's sister being in bad shape and I believe they just got back a bit ago so they have a TON of catching up with.

On your reciept does it show the Gryphon is backordered?
Old 02-19-2010, 07:11 AM

No. It showed the expected ship date to be February 11th. I know what it's like to run a small business so I know it's hectic; especially when you have family issues going on as well. I was just curious. I live in Alaska so the cheapest and fastest way for them to ship it would be USPS Priority in a small flat rate box. That would have me getting it this week, but I haven't seen it and I kind of expected an email telling me it was shipped. I dunno. Maybe they don't do that. Maybe I'm just being a kid waiting on Christmas.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:49 AM
This picture scares you

I called them the other day during their posted phone hours and Bill himself answered the phone. Check the website for their phone hours and try again today.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:53 PM

Alright so I got my programmer today! Woohoo!!!!!

Now I have another problem. The faceplate it came with doesn't look like the right one. It fits perfect in the truck, but there's no way to keep it from falling through the face plate and it just looks terrible. Any of you guys have the same problem? If this is how it's supposed to be how did you mount it up. Pics would be helpful too if ya got any.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:43 PM

Well nevermind on that as well. I broke out the ol' plastic welder, a scrap piece of plastic, and some industrial strength velcro and made a bracket in the back of it that looks really good. I'm pretty sure they forgot to send me something because the one they have in the instructions looks like it has something in the back to hold the tuner in, but I have nothing. Kinda weird.

However............. I'm proud to report that the programmer works fantastic!

Quick Reply: Lead time on Gryphon Tuner