Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Just read the instructions on my lift kit @##$%^

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 07:50 PM
LoveMyLariat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just read the instructions on my lift kit @##$%^

Does anyone have any input on how tuff it is going to be to move the radiator and splice the fuel filler line?? Also it says I have to weld the crush blocks?? I didnt think I was going to have to weld anything! Any tips would be great I know there is always alot of lift questions sorry!!
Old 04-14-2010, 11:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.norcal4x4forum.com/forums...read.php?t=909

I've read where people say the over load spacers are optional if you don't use your bed. I use my bed quite often, so I ended up having a friend weld them in. Cost me nothing except gas.

Take your time, have a buddy help. Make sure you have a dedicated day (or weekend) to do so. It will take about 8 hours.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:29 AM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

What lift? If you have to move your radiator it sounds like your doing a body lift?
Old 04-15-2010, 10:42 AM
C.E.O. Poorboy Racing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm getting geared up to do the same thing, but mine never came with the instructions. I always use the overload blocks, but have never welded them in. I didnt notice the fuel line part, but expected to have to do something with the shrould. Do you actually move the rad or just drop the shrould to clear the fan?
Old 04-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Riding In The South

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey i did a three inch body be when i saw the directions thought i was getting myself into deep. but all you need to do is when you take parts off bag and tag and you will have on problems. the shroud drops down it comes with brackets. th fuel filler hose has to be extended the instructions says to cut the metal tube i just went to advance and got some fuel line and hose clamps and did that there is also a breather tube you have to extend by the fuel filler hose the pictures that came with my instructions sucked so just take your time and you will need a couple of extra hands any questions just pm me ill be glad to help

Quick Reply: Just read the instructions on my lift kit @##$%^