Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

JBA headers???

Old 05-02-2010, 08:27 PM
ford till I die

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question JBA headers???

Does anyone have JBA shorty headers? are they good?
Old 05-02-2010, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had them installed when i had my exhaust done. they were definetly a good choice for an increase in HP. I paid $320 for stainless from summitt racing.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:33 PM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

i might be getting a set for my truck from a friend for $50-$100 and my old manifolds. hes selling the truck and said i could buy them. we havent deciced on a price yet but he said like $200 for the headers, edge evo (i already have one), and the k&n FIPK intake. hes also got some halo headlights i might ask about.

if i get the headers, ill let you know what i think of them
Old 05-03-2010, 03:18 AM
Sideways :-)

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by green machine
i might be getting a set for my truck from a friend for $50-$100 and my old manifolds. hes selling the truck and said i could buy them. we havent deciced on a price yet but he said like $200 for the headers, edge evo (i already have one), and the k&n FIPK intake. hes also got some halo headlights i might ask about.

if i get the headers, ill let you know what i think of them
Stupid question... Whats "FIPK" stand for?
Old 05-03-2010, 08:37 PM
ford till I die

ok cool thanks for the help!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

idk what year truck you have but i know the 04-08 is a hell of an install its an eassy 6-8 hr job and thats if all goes well (breaking studs, having to jack motor up to get to studs etc etc...) and my brother being a master ford mechanic told me he wouldnt touch them until they needed to be replaced because hes done them before and it is not a fun job for the 4 hp and very little sound increase you get!! im not trying to talk you out of it but 4 the headache of the install i would spend the money elsewhere!! oh and around here in ct i went to afew 4x4 performance shops and for the header install and 2 highflow cats i was looking at almost 1,000 bucks as a rough quote meaning if all goes well and everywhere i went said they done headers on the 04-08 and it is a big pain in the *** and studs do break and have to be drilled or whatever to extract the broken portion. so that is why my headers are sitting in the box waiting to be sold lol.. oh and if you do have a 04-08 just go look at the headers and you will see what im talking about not to mention you need to remove the starter and the fenderwells and in some cases the oil dipstick tube and on top of that you mostlikely have to remove a motormount and jack the engine up 1'' or so to get at studs!! sorry so long lol just giving you a heads up and im sure others will tell you the same that for the little hp its not worth it atleast to me!! then if they leak guess what you get to do it all again fun fun lol!!! oh and to answer your question i talked to 2 dyno shops around here and they both said the jba's or the dynatech where brand of choice and the jba's were good for like 5-8 hp i think the guy said you do the math if you do them good luck looks like youll need it lol!!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

oh and one more thing the guy at the dyno shop that does mostly ford trucks and mustangs told me the gains where minimal on the f150's with shorty or midtube headers and that the cat back portion of the exhaust was where you get most of the performance on theese trucks and the stock manifolds on the 04-08's flow just about as good as aftermarket from the tests they done on many customer rides!!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:34 PM
ford till I die

Originally Posted by 06fordf150
oh and one more thing the guy at the dyno shop that does mostly ford trucks and mustangs told me the gains where minimal on the f150's with shorty or midtube headers and that the cat back portion of the exhaust was where you get most of the performance on theese trucks and the stock manifolds on the 04-08's flow just about as good as aftermarket from the tests they done on many customer rides!!
Thanks for all that info haha!! I have a 98 tho so hopefully it would be easier but ill have to check

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: JBA headers???