Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

I'm in Love with a SCab

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm in Love with a SCab

I recently sold my sedan and set out on a quest to find something durable and fun with the potential for modifications. Along comes this cheap SCab.
A 2003 Lariat Scab, loaded with all the bells and whistles everything except a sunroof. 146K I know that's high mileage but the truck is clean, like immaculate clean, engine is tight no leaks or squeaks. Previous owner must have been in love with her too. (I'm falling fast) She runs strong. I've had her now about three months. However I do have some rust underneath, no body rust. I changed the stock exhaust manifolds and just two bolts gave me trauma ]on the passenger side. I actually expected a higher degree of difficulty after reading some of the horror stories here. The driver side was pretty straight forward, I soaked all with penetrating oil for 24 hrs, tightened down until I felt a twinge and voila. Although I am pretty handy with tools and general fixity stuff. I did not have a clue as to how to remove a exhaust manifold. Until after perusing this forum, thanks all. Oh yeah I replaced stock with Pacesetter shortys, changed up stock air filter to a K&N CAI, and added flow-master muffler with dual out, I used brackets, may have them welded at a later date, I also treated her to some new shoes TOYO 285 65 17 AT. Ordered the SCT Livewire two days ago waiting with baited breath for it's arrival. I will try to post some pic's soon

Last edited by Dcyple; 08-07-2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: proofing
Old 08-07-2009, 09:48 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Truck sounds good. My 2002 has 190K and runs like new. My two dogs are asking for a larger seat so next will be a SCREW. Neighbor has an 09 and I'm falling for it, hesitant on the 6 speed tranny. I keep asking him if he wants to trade, poor guy has only one finger on his right hand.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:55 AM

Default one of my valued resource's

thanks Bill, I have read quite a few of your posts while researching for info. If this keeps up I will be a ford truck man for a while. 09 sounds good
Old 08-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Redneck engineerin'

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats man, sounds like you have a great truck, can't wait to see pics. Show it off that is what we do here.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:50 AM

hey Dcyple, sounds pretty sweet i got mine the same way.. the super cheap... but im curious on the results of your mods.. especially the headers. i did the flowmaster with dual outs and the drop in K&N, with the gotts mod. now im considering the headers.. so how is it?
Old 08-10-2009, 08:34 AM

Hey KB, runs great, did the headers and exhaust together so I can't really detail the headers contribution but together I think they pack a nice punch. I was expecting better take off start, however accelerates much quicker. Sound is nice, sort of like a deep throaty growl. Very satisfied, BTW: Gotts Mod?
Old 08-11-2009, 01:12 AM

yeah its a intake mod to the stock intake, google it. theres a pretty good write up on it. i got about 1.5 to 2mpg increase the way i drive. and it only takes a few minutes to do!

Trending Topics

Old 08-12-2009, 11:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just got my first F-150 also. its a 2003 Super Cab Sport with the 4.2L and manual tranny. Its very clean besides the dent in the tailgate. It has 72000 miles and runs perfect. i got it for alot less than i planned on spending so i had some money to play with. I just put a low-pro tonneau cover, westin bull bar, and clear corner lights. i also put in a touch screen pioneer headunit and a kicker bass kit. thats just the start haha. plenty more plans for the truck

Quick Reply: I'm in Love with a SCab