Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

i did the gotts mod an ziptie today

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i did the gotts mod an ziptie today

Well I got bored today an seen the post for the gotts mod an ziptie. So I did the gotts but went extra steps. I went with the 3inch sewer thin wall pipe an it fits tight into the fender whole without triming. I also replaced it from the intake to the air box as well. I used the intake original seal just carefully separating it from the silicener box. Replaced it with the 3inch pipe. Used a 3-4 inch boot from the pipe to the air box. In the boot was about the same place in the original air temp sensor. So I drilled a hole in the boot an used the grommet for the air temp. Only spent 16.00 at hardware store for 3ft thin wall 3inch pipe a 90 degree pvc elbow,3inch boot, an 3inch to 4inch boot. Then I did the ziptie also. I couldn't believe I actually noticed how it ran. Pulled harder also just ran better all the way around. Didn't down shift as much coming up my step hill to my house. I've got pics to post of it. Just gotta post them. I just have to paint it. I also painted the tail lights with the vht tail light shade. I also put a flowmaster 40 muffler an 2.50 extension pipe to make it work with the factory tailpipe. Only had 57.00 in the New flowmaster an 6.99 in the pipe. All this under a 100.00 can't beat it.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:15 PM

I'd like to do a bull bar n fog lights. Also I had hids in my old Durango. I miss those a lot. So I'll probably do hids in the head lights an factory fog lights as well. I'm tinting the Windows next week. Just waiting on my buddy who owns a tint shop to get back from vacation so I can buy the good quality tint from him instead of using the advance brand tint.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by matt36
Well I got bored today an seen the post for the gotts mod an ziptie. So I did the gotts but went extra steps. I went with the 3inch sewer thin wall pipe an it fits tight into the fender whole without triming. I also replaced it from the intake to the air box as well. I used the intake original seal just carefully separating it from the silicener box. Replaced it with the 3inch pipe. Used a 3-4 inch boot from the pipe to the air box. In the boot was about the same place in the original air temp sensor. So I drilled a hole in the boot an used the grommet for the air temp. Only spent 16.00 at hardware store for 3ft thin wall 3inch pipe a 90 degree pvc elbow,3inch boot, an 3inch to 4inch boot. Then I did the ziptie also. I couldn't believe I actually noticed how it ran. Pulled harder also just ran better all the way around. Didn't down shift as much coming up my step hill to my house. I've got pics to post of it. Just gotta post them. I just have to paint it. I also painted the tail lights with the vht tail light shade. I also put a flowmaster 40 muffler an 2.50 extension pipe to make it work with the factory tailpipe. Only had 57.00 in the New flowmaster an 6.99 in the pipe. All this under a 100.00 can't beat it.
Got pics of your tail lights? I was thinking about either spraying mine or getting the smoked covers. Can't decide.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:53 AM
cliffords a 4x4

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

How about you take pics of everything you did.
The following users liked this post:
kingv_iii (09-16-2014)
Old 09-09-2014, 12:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a productive day
Old 09-09-2014, 01:17 PM

Yea it was thanks. Next I just seen where to cut out the rear converters an use the adapter 4 the o2s. I'd like that flowmaster 40 series to be a tad bit louder. I was actually surprised at how quiet it was.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:26 PM

Well today I did the fog light mod to the parking lamps. Im so glad to have found that mod. It took ahole 3 mins to do. Now to put sum brighter bulbs in them fog lights only being 45watts. Just to let everyone know that a 9005 headlight bulb will work in them too, which starts at 65 Watts. Then u could do the silver stars or just do hids. Which im planning on doing for both head an fog lights. Im also gonna remove my 03 f150 badges an replace them with the newer 2012 f150 tailgate emblems an black them out. Im gonna start my build thread with pics. Ill start with the gotts mod I did. Its still unpainted so u can really see what I replaced an then ill take one with the paint. Im also gonna do the honeycomb grill repaint an the round emblems im going to do the vet tailight paint over them as well. Since the taillights r blacked out now too. I paint the exhaust tip black too. But not sure yet.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:32 PM

Received 141 Likes on 134 Posts

Well today I did the fog light mod to the parking lamps. Im so glad to have found that mod. It took ahole 3 mins to do. Now to put sum brighter bulbs in them fog lights only being 45watts. Just to let everyone know that a 9005 headlight bulb will work in them too, which starts at 65 Watts. Then u could do the silver stars or just do hids. Which im planning on doing for both head an fog lights. Im also gonna remove my 03 f150 badges an replace them with the newer 2012 f150 tailgate emblems an black them out. Im gonna start my build thread with pics. Ill start with the gotts mod I did. Its still unpainted so u can really see what I replaced an then ill take one with the paint. Im also gonna do the honeycomb grill repaint an the round emblems im going to do the vet tailight paint over them as well. Since the taillights r blacked out now too. I paint the exhaust tip black too. But not sure yet.
Please post pics of the gotts mod. I'm really curious how your setup looks.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:57 AM

Received 434 Likes on 419 Posts

Anything more than the 35watt 9145 bulbs if your is a 99+ will melt the housings. Just saying.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:52 AM

The 9145 bulbs are a 45 watt not 35. I've ran the 9005 in my Chevy b4 an they never melted the lens as well as 100 watts bulbs an never melted b4.

Quick Reply: i did the gotts mod an ziptie today