Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

How-To: Homelink visor mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 05:03 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default How-To: Homelink visor mod

This has been done many times i know but i thought id post up my experience. I snagged a homelink visor from an eddie bauer expedition with the wiring harness so i thought id install it today.

So pretty self explanatory, if you have the whole visor like i was lucky enough to get, remove the old visor to expose the hole in the roof closest to the driver door.

Next, remove the screw at the front of the overhead console, then pry at the rear 2 snap in clips at the rear of the console and it will come down. this will expose the wiring harness. unplug from the overhead console.

now if you havent already added length to your harness from the visor, add some accordingly. then, i modified a coat hanger to get to the plug at the harness from the overhead console opening. Hook your wire on it and pull it through, Plug into the visor and install the new visor.

Next remove negative battery terminal from battery so you can properly wire this hog. Now you will connect your green wire(power) to the green w/orange stripe pin #8 and black(ground) to the black w/light blue stripe pin #2. And as you can see i just used some quick connects to connect the wires.

Reconnect the battery, Program it according to instructions, and enjoy convenience!

The following users liked this post:
F150 Dawg (11-12-2013)
Old 11-12-2013, 11:33 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have to ask what does this visor do?
Old 11-12-2013, 11:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wizzard
I have to ask what does this visor do?
It's a garage opener.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:53 AM

Its ten times more convenient!! I LOVE IT
Old 11-12-2013, 02:13 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I was wondering if thi could be done. always thought about checking into it but always forgot when i got to work.
time to hit pick n pull and get me a new visor.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:39 PM

Even if you cant find the visor there are a few other ways of doing it, mercury mountaineers share the same rear door on the overhead console which have honelink in them too, a little easier just have to dye the correct color on the door

Quick Reply: How-To: Homelink visor mod