Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

HID's

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 03:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID's

I have a 99 f150 and would like to put some HID's in. Is there anything I should know about them? Maybe a good company and is installing easy????
Old 01-22-2009, 07:04 AM

i would like to put HIDs in too...i keep seeing good stuff about Retro Solutions....
Old 01-22-2009, 09:11 AM

it isnt they easiest thing ever. and i deffinately would not suggest putting HID's in your stock headlight housing. If you do that the light from the HID's will scatter everywhere and blind on coming traffic because the reflectors or projectors or whatever the hell they are called in your stock headlights are insufficient for HID's.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:53 PM

yeah... I plan on getting lightning housings with the hid's. Everyone is telling me it is so easy to install. Only bad things I hear are the people that dont have them...
Old 01-23-2009, 06:34 AM

i've had mine in my 2000 for about 6 months now. they are in the stock housing and i've had no problem with them. and i dont want to seem like a *** or anything but the scattered light doesnt bother me so i dont have a problem with them. haha but anyways um they were fairly simple to install. toughest part was finding a place to mount the ballast. i would reccomend bolting it down like instructed which is what i did, but i had some friends that just ziptied it to some wires and theres are on and off all the time. ha sux for them. i got em for my fogs too and love em. heres the sight i go t them from. they are a good brand. a little pricy but im sure that if your shop around you can find some good quality kits at a good price.
http://www.omnixautosports.com/Default.asp?Redirected=Y
Old 01-23-2009, 06:59 AM

i have the lightning heads and people tell me it doesnt scatter really with them
Old 01-23-2009, 07:17 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by patriciojp
I have a 99 f150 and would like to put some HID's in. Is there anything I should know about them? Maybe a good company and is installing easy????
It is very easy and as everyone has said, the ballast install is the hardest. I wrote a install up on here if you search it out. Good companies..

www.retro-solutions.com
H.I.D. Outlet from amazon
www.Xenonlink.com(886-857-0005). sales@xenonlink.com Ask for William.

And if you can, the Lightning and Harley heads look better with the light output.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them on my 97, and they are very easy to install. plug and play if you will. ha ha just take the 2 wires that originally run to the headlight bulb its self and plug those 2 wires into the ballast for the HID.

Im not sure about the whole running them in the stock head lights, i have projector headlights on my truck with 10000K HID's and i dont blind anyone, and the light is no where near scattered. its a perfect beam
Old 02-13-2009, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by kyle7
i've had mine in my 2000 for about 6 months now. they are in the stock housing and i've had no problem with them. and i dont want to seem like a *** or anything but the scattered light doesnt bother me so i dont have a problem with them. haha but anyways um they were fairly simple to install. toughest part was finding a place to mount the ballast. i would reccomend bolting it down like instructed which is what i did, but i had some friends that just ziptied it to some wires and theres are on and off all the time. ha sux for them. i got em for my fogs too and love em. heres the sight i go t them from. they are a good brand. a little pricy but im sure that if your shop around you can find some good quality kits at a good price.
http://www.omnixautosports.com/Default.asp?Redirected=Y

Great way to put it.. I too have a 2000 F150 and this mod was one of the first things I did when I bought my truck. I'm running stock headlights with no problems with light scatter at all. I bought a set off from Ebay 8000K and love them. they are not bi-xenon so the high beams are pretty much worthless but after using the HID low beams you'll never switch over..

Great investment and not too hard on install.

Quick Reply: HID's