Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

helpp

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default helpp

Drive shaft broke and got a new one today now i have another issue and need help.

These are scraping and making the truck jump when i hit the gas. Also making squeaking noise that i believe are the u joints <br/>

Loooks like the pumpkin shifted up.<br/>
Old 11-25-2015, 08:23 PM

Received 1,354 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Yep your rear end is done.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:31 PM

Received 399 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryno91p
Drive shaft broke and got a new one today now i have another issue and need help.

These are scraping and making the truck jump when i hit the gas. Also making squeaking noise that i believe are the u joints <br/>

Loooks like the pumpkin shifted up.<br/>
Dude are you ****ing serious? Your whole rear end has shifted and you actually tried to drive the truck like that? WTF!!? Troll?
Old 11-25-2015, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02_Black_On_White
Dude are you ****ing serious? Your whole rear end has shifted and you actually tried to drive the truck like that? WTF!!? Troll?
No dumb **** i didnt try to drive.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:52 PM

Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

Umm... I'm go with... Straighten it out? Maybe that will help...
Old 11-26-2015, 12:04 AM

Received 185 Likes on 179 Posts

How the hell does the rear end do that? It looks like his leaf springs are in a normal position, did the diff literally slide into a different position on the axle?
Old 11-26-2015, 01:26 AM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Red-Ford
How the hell does the rear end do that? It looks like his leaf springs are in a normal position, did the diff literally slide into a different position on the axle?
Looks to me like the shocks kinda bent. I may be wrong. Loose u bolts and it shifted and bent the shock?
Edit: maybe not bent but loose u bolt and rotated the axle when the bed slammed down after a big bump.
Old 11-26-2015, 02:53 AM
Hooligan

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

That pinion angle is amazing.

Originally Posted by Red-Ford

It's not a one piece housing, it's possible to spin one or both tubes. Can't tell for sure but the leaf packs look level, so that's probably what happened here. OP, that housing is technically fixable, but it'd probably be easier to buy a new one.

Originally Posted by Zebracakes
Looks to me like the shocks kinda bent. I may be wrong. Loose u bolts and it shifted and bent the shock?
Edit: maybe not bent but loose u bolt and rotated the axle when the bed slammed down after a big bump.

OP said his driveshaft "broke". I bet he lost the front u-joint and polevaulted the truck, the impact turned the housing up but the leaf packs didn't wanna go with so the diff housing turned on the axle tubes.

Last edited by UtahGuy; 11-26-2015 at 03:10 AM.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:25 AM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by UtahGuy
That pinion angle is amazing.

It's not a one piece housing, it's possible to spin one or both tubes. Can't tell for sure but the leaf packs look level, so that's probably what happened here. OP, that housing is technically fixable, but it'd probably be easier to buy a new one.

OP said his driveshaft "broke". I bet he lost the front u-joint and polevaulted the truck, the impact turned the housing up but the leaf packs didn't wanna go with so the diff housing turned on the axle tubes.
I was just thinking loose u bolts because of people talking of stretching the bolts with lift blocks overtime.
Old 11-26-2015, 04:54 PM

Received 5,529 Likes on 4,613 Posts

Just loosen the bolts and re-position the axle where it's suppose to be. It jump out, sheered the set pins under the springs may have taken place (kinduh doubt it).

Damn, the force that must have taken, or perhaps the u-bolts never were re- torqued after settle. They don't take that long to settle, but you have to hit them once more.

Hope you have some tall jack stands. You'll see what I mean.

Quick Reply: helpp