Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Help with my suspension please.!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 02:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Help with my suspension please.!!

I have a 2000 Ford 150 with a fabtech lift. Want to make it a smoother ride becasue it is really rough now! I posted before but recieved no replies. If somone could help me out and give me some input as to what I could get or what is a good brand to get to make it less bumpy and more smooth when I drive and hit bumps I would really appreciate it!
Old 05-17-2008, 02:26 AM

Default wow

I guess Im talking ot my self in this forumn? Im the only post that has no replies what gives?
Old 05-17-2008, 02:59 AM
Paint it black

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

if you give it a little time some one with some good info will leave it, but just give it a little time...
Old 05-24-2008, 01:15 AM
Built Ford Tough

Could you clear up a few questions I have please?

When was the last time you changed shocks?(how long have you had
the lift on the truck)

Do you live on rough terrain (dirt roads, in the woods, etc)?

Do you have factory-style suspension set-up on your lift
(just regular shocks in the front without coilovers/coil springs)?

Are your tires worn/worn in irregular patterns (possibly from
alignment being off)?

Do you have excess play on your ball joints (they might be worn out
like mine were with only 80,000 miles on my truck.)?
Old 05-24-2008, 02:34 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Do you have a torsion bar front suspension or coil spring? If its torsion bar see if they are turned all the way up. How soft do you expect a lifted 4wd to ride?
Old 05-24-2008, 09:48 AM

NGM...... yea your right man, i mean when you put a lift on a truck its going to ride worse than stock, but if it does have the keys thats mostlikely the problem just loosin them up and that should help alot
Old 05-26-2008, 01:35 PM

It's a 2000 and I havent changed the shocks since they where put on. I dont live in rough terrain. And Im not expecting it to ride like a cadillac but just wanted some input to make the ride a little less shakey. I believe there is the factory style set up on the sespension there. The alignment is a little off Im going to get that fixed along with the brakes this weekend. Its poping a little when I turn to the right it sounds like its coming from the frnt left. So I'm guessing that one of the ball joints is bad and needs replaced. But thanks for the help so far I appeciate it. If I put coilovers and dual shocks on with steering stabalizers would that hep out?
Old 05-26-2008, 02:57 PM

Shocks play a major role in ride quality. Depending on what style of shocks you choose, you can affect stiffness, or lack their of. For example, in my opinion Fox shocks ride stiffer than some of their competitors, such as Blistein, but I like the Fox shocks because they do well off road. Describe your projected usage. Dual shocks are going to ride stiffer than a single shock system. A steering stabilizer will help with front end shimmy. Your ball joint comment is probably correct. I have also had problems with cv joints on my truck check the cv boots for tears and wear. It might not be a bad idea to check all your steering components while you are at it. I believe you said you are getting your alignment fixed. Your truck being out of alignment can be the result of a broken or damaged component. Also make sure to watch your tire pressure. Air leaks much faster from mud tires than stock tires so it is important to keep an eye on that as well. Hope this was helpful.
Happy web wheeling
Old 02-29-2012, 06:29 PM

Default Squeakn Leafs

I have alot of squeakn from the rear leafs.. question is when removing shackles is there any need to remove the whole leaf spring? or can I just unbolt the shackles at each end and doing one at a time front & rear shackles. Any help
Old 02-29-2012, 07:13 PM
A7X

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by asj2001
I have alot of squeakn from the rear leafs.. question is when removing shackles is there any need to remove the whole leaf spring? or can I just unbolt the shackles at each end and doing one at a time front & rear shackles. Any help
The squeaking from the rear leafs is most likely the poly spring pads being worn out...

Quick Reply: Help with my suspension please.!!