Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

help with building the engine/swap in my 98 4.6

Old 04-08-2010, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help with building the engine/swap in my 98 4.6

i jusst got a paxton 2000 novi kit(will have it on the14th) my 98 f150 has ton of miles on the engine 345,000 may have been swap out or rebuilt but i can not say!!! i bought this as a work truck to scoot back and forth in... but now its became an addiction!

i wann do something with the engine.... im assuming the stock 2valve in the truck will expolded in to pieces if i bust it over 10lds... so i need an alternative to rebuilding it.

i wana swap a newer engine from a mustang or a cobra 3 to 4valve or even go with the bigger 5.4 2,3,or even a 4 valve from a naviagator all these engine will bolt to the trans and the wiring harness in truck will be close enough where i can make it work on anything i do...

im getting the ECU reflashed in texas for the boost and scaled up injectors he said he can make any thing work because the modualrs all use the same type of sensors....

whats my best plan of attack

heres the parts that i allready have
ford racing LSD 31 spline
moser 31 spline harned axles
2 hardened u joints
dropzone 2" front drop 4" rear
20" chrome rims(not important)
lakewood traction bars
walbro 255lph pump
42ld cobra injectors
paxton novi 2000 kit

now i need an engine swap/set up what can i do?
with it being a 98 i know its not a PI set up. but can i swap the 5.4 and still use the upper and lower intake from my truck? or can i just drop a 5.4 as a drop in engine, reflash the set up and go...

whats the odds of swithcing the transfer case to an all wheel drive out of an expidtion. i really want the full time all wheel drive

i realy wana make this truck scream, my goal is 500whp daily driver!
i should be able to acheive this with the goods ive got, i just need the engine to hold together

PLEASE ANY ADVICE

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help with building the engine/swap in my 98 4.6