Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Headlights out; Parking lights not

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Headlights out; Parking lights not

Hope y'all can help... I have a '03 f150. I went out to my truck and realized the parking lights were on. So, i figured I forgot to turn 'em off, NOPE. The switch was already off. I tried to turn the headlights on, and they weren't working. So, parking lights that won't turn off and headlights that won't turn on. i disconnected the battery, because the truck still turns on and runs fine, and otherwise the battery would die. When I reconnected the battery. I noticed that the parking lights didn't turn back on, hoping it was fixed, I locked the doors with the remote on my key-chain. The doors locked, but the parking lights turned back on, and won't turn off unless I disconnect the battery?! I talked to a friend (a mechanic) who said it might be the switch, and he advised to pull it off and make sure the piece underneath wasn't broken, basically not allowing me to turn the headlights on or parking lights on/off. Nope it was fine. Checked the fuses, none out.The only other thing that's wrong is the radio isn't working right. Please if you have any ideas, let me know...
Old 07-25-2009, 09:28 AM

If u ever find out the problem solver. post it I have same problem.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

GEM Module maybe? this seems to bring out all kinds of weird poltergeists when water leaks past the windshield seal and infiltrates the thing.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:33 AM

Default Found it out!!!

Well, I found out the problem... I have another friend who is a mechanic for Ford. He looked at it, and discussed the problem with a couple electricians there. The first 2 said it was the Gem module. (Thanks Whitetrucks for the help) Apparently this year Ford has a tendency to have water leaks both at the top of the windshield, and the driver's door. Some silicon in those areas will fix that right up! They both said that water leaks down and shorts out that damn GEM module... BEWARE!!! They were both wrong. Not that that doesn't happen, but after he spoke with a Master Electrician, he said to first check this: When you press the e-brake there is part of the lever that moves behind the paneling right next to it. That part often will rub against wires in that area, one of them being a ground wire for that cool *** GEM module. That's what happened!! Thanks for all that helped with this, hope this helps someone out. btw electrical crap sucks!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Headlights out; Parking lights not